Poll: Who will be crowned UK Champion 2008?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who will be crowned UK Champion 2008?
Shaun, The Whiston Warrior, Murphy
17 49%
Marco, The Pride of Hong Kong, Fu
18 51%
Voters: 35.
We have the two finalists: Marco Fu (who beat Ali Carter 9-7, despite trailing 5-2 at one point) and Shaun Murphy who beat Stephen Maguire comfortably with a 9-4 win. Who will win the final tomorrow?

New Poll and New Thread

Marco Fu

Shaun Murphy

I really want Marco to win. I hope he can do it to win his second ranking title. The book keepers have it 11-8 in favour of Shaun Murphy so, Marco Fu is obviously not the favourite but never discount him. He is very tough to beat.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Dec 20, 2008,
i've never seen marco fu play so thats why i voted for shaun murphy
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
Quote by metalminded07
i've never seen marco fu play so thats why i voted for shaun murphy

How about when he beat Ronnie O'Sullivan to be crowned Grand Prix Champion 2007, after being 6-2 down? He's also reached the Semi-Finals of the World once in 2006 as well as the quarter finals at another time, and to date, this is his 4th Final appearance in any tournament (He reached the Grand Prix Final Twice, winning it in 2007, he won the Premier League beating Mark Williams).

Marco Fu has made 7 centuries so far in this tournament, that's way more than anyone else. Ronnie, who was knocked out, only managed 5.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

ohhhhhh right i didnt recognize the name, but now that i think about it i have seen him play several times. yeah he is quite impressive.
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
Quote by FruscianteFan77
wtf is snooker?

billiards...pool.....

i dont know what else to call it
Quote by horny_cactus
Quote by metalminded07
billiards...pool.....

i dont know what else to call it

Don't degrade it

Snooker is a great sport which is very difficult to play. It's one of the very few sports which is psychological. You can't make something happen like Tennis where you can exert your anger. In Snooker, you've got to suffer psychologically while your opponent is at the table making big breaks. Of course, if you're sat in the chair a long time, your game suffers and you get even worse.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Don't degrade it

Snooker is a great sport which is very difficult to play. It's one of the very few sports which is psychological. You can't make something like Tennis where you can exert your anger. In Snooker, you've got to suffer psychologically while your opponent is at the table making big breaks. Of course, if you're sat in the chair a long time, your game suffers and you get even worse.

i'm not saying anything bad about it i was just trying to explain what it was. i love the sport and i know how mentally demanding it is i would never degrade it. i just needed a simple explaination of it.
Quote by horny_cactus
Quote by metalminded07
i'm not saying anything bad about it i was just trying to explain what it was. i love the sport and i know how mentally demanding it is i would never degrade it. i just needed a simple explaination of it.

Simple explanation: not pool
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Simple explanation: not pool

then how would you give a simple explanation of snooker?
Quote by horny_cactus
Quote by metalminded07
then how would you give a simple explanation of snooker?

That is the simple explanation of snooker

That or, not shit <.<
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Don't degrade it

Snooker is a great sport which is very difficult to play. It's one of the very few sports which is psychological. You can't make something happen like Tennis where you can exert your anger. In Snooker, you've got to suffer psychologically while your opponent is at the table making big breaks. Of course, if you're sat in the chair a long time, your game suffers and you get even worse.

huh, gonna have to learn more about this
Here are all the centuries so far with Marco leading the tables.
    * 147, 130, 100 Ding Junhui
    * 143, 127, 117, 114, 110 Ronnie O'Sullivan
    * 139, 105, 103, 100 Mark Selby
    * 138, 136, 118, 116, 106, 104, 101 Marco Fu
    * 136, 120, 109 Stephen Lee
    * 136, 115 Shaun Murphy
    * 136 Mark Williams
    * 132 Ali Carter
    * 131, 108, 102 Rory McLeod
    * 127, 103 Peter Ebdon

* 127 Ken Doherty
    * 122, 115, 112, 104 Stephen Maguire
    * 120 Graeme Dott
    * 119, 100, 100 Mark Allen
    * 118 Neil Robertson
    * 113 Jamie Burnett
    * 109, 100 John Higgins
    * 105 Joe Perry
    * 102 Joe Swail
    * 100 Matthew Stevens
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I WANT Marco to win, but my money would be on Murphy. Actually, no it wouldn't because I really believe Marco can do this.
Quote by Aramis
I WANT Marco to win, but my money would be on Murphy. Actually, no it wouldn't because I really believe Marco can do this.

Marco has a good a chance as anyone when it comes to beating top players. He's the only one in the professional circuit to be one above Ronnie O'Sullivan in the head to heads. Meanwhile, I know what a challenge Murphy is. Okay, he's had a bad couple of seasons despite winning the Malta Cup last year, but he's coming back to form and playing like he used to that won him the World title in 2005. He's a tough one but Marco can do it. I really want him to win!
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

It's on in a half hour!
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Well from the opening long pots by both Marco and Shaun, I think this is going to be a brilliant match.
Fu is awesome, i remember when he played Ronnie a year or 2 ago, the Rocket was at his best but it still wasnt good enough, Fu doesnt make mistakes
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by xander307
Fu is awesome, i remember when he played Ronnie a year or 2 ago, the Rocket was at his best but it still wasnt good enough, Fu doesnt make mistakes

So what do you call fouling the black with his waistcoat? Come on Marco, that snooker battle was incredible!
1-1

Come on, Marco! Break down Shaun!
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

4-3 to Shaun Murphy. A good response by Marco! Come on, Fu!
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

5-3 to Shaun but Marco's still in there! Come on, Marco. He can still do it!
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

6-6!

Come on, Marco!
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

8-8. Might have to give Marco a new nickname. Marco 'Comeback' Fu. And he's got a great chance in this frame.
It's gonna be a blue day
This last frame is bloody tense.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Argh I just got back from the pub and caught the end. Can't believe that ugly bastard won with that fluke.
How flukey did he get at the end, you could tell it was fate he'd win when some of those went in, or didn't as shown by the black.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Yeh Murphy was lucky there, but he did deserve the win in the end
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
I only saw the last few frames so I can't really comment. I just wanted Fu to win.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Ah crap. I'm gutted that Marco lost, especially on that Fluke. That's never a way to win a final, especially at the UK Championship. Well done, Shaun but I'm gutten you didn't lose it.
Anyway, Marco is now provisionally 6th in the rankings. That final was really intense! The Masters will be up and coming in January!
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

so, murphy wins on a fluked pink. I think both players battled well, but I'm glad murphy won.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Best match I've seen since the darts match between Fordham and Van Barneveld. Murphy deserved it, although I'm gutted he did. Well played both players, Marco, you're time will come.