i'm getting my new guitar and amp on christmas, but i don't know if i wanna keep the stock pickups. I've tried the guitar on the amp i'm getting many times, but they were for short time intervals of about 15 minutes each time i played them. I'm getting the Schecter Omen 6 guitar with this: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-DA-Series-DA10--255-10W-2x6-5-Guitar-Combo-Amp-483001-i1320539.gc amp. can anyone point me in the direction of a brand of pickups? and lets just say i have no budget right now...

bands i cover and sound like: Avenged Sevenfold, Blink 182, My Chemical Romance, Audioslave, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against The Machine, Wolfmother, Linkin Park.

thank you in advance
Last edited by randomhero93 at Dec 20, 2008,
It's a cheap guitar on a solid state amp. I'd say there's no point getting new pickups, you wouldn't get their full potential. Save the cash.

But, if you're determined, anything from DiMarzio or Seymore Duncan is good.
Out of curiousity, did you try the Vox VT15 as well? How did that amp stack up against the DA?
Quote by tigerking615
Out of curiousity, did you try the Vox VT15 as well? How did that amp stack up against the DA?

it was pretty good... it was smaller, but i just prefer the DA
Quote by StiltonCheese
It's a cheap guitar on a solid state amp. I'd say there's no point getting new pickups, you wouldn't get their full potential. Save the cash.

+1.

/thread]
why dont you just get a better amp instead of paying extra for pickups? or a better guitar for that matter. it's christmas. maybe you can help fund the gift or something.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack