Hey everyone! I was thinking of getting a new guitar, and I saw the 'Fernandes Vertigo Elite'. There is one for sale locally for 350 bucks, which is extremely cheap compared to the retail price of 1300 that I see everywhere. One thing bu Also, have any of you had any experience with one of these guitars?

here is the guitar in question:

And according to the fernandes website, it looks like this (notice that there is a pickguard on this one, why not on the one for sale? Also the bridge pickup is an EMG, but not on the one in my local ad :

I don't get it!?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
I would get it, looks sexy.

It's probably because the one locally is an older model?
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
[quote="'[P|E|R|S|O|N"]']could it be this one?
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/vx.html

edit: the vertigo x (in link) retails for around 400...

Naw, look at the inlays. Also, the Elite is the only one fitted with a Sustainer pickup, and the X isn't.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Also, if nobody has any experience with this specific guitar or any fernandes guitars, anybody have any experience with the sustainer? How is it?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
I don' think that guitar has a sustainer on it. It doesn't have the on/off switch or the mode switch (at least, from what I can see).
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by theacousticpunk
I don' think that guitar has a sustainer on it. It doesn't have the on/off switch or the mode switch (at least, from what I can see).

Wow I actually think you're right!
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Quote by theacousticpunk

Actually, it does have a sustainer, here's a better photo of the guitar in question:

Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass