Hi,
I have A schecter C1 Elite soon to have EMG 81 AND 84 pickups.

What would be A good amp for this setup? 300 pounds is the budget.. im poor!
I play mostly metal style but I like playing any type metal so would be kool to have a bit of a range

Why don't active pickups work well with solid state amps?

Also what gear have you got????
Last edited by Lobaz at Dec 20, 2008,
active pickups are meant to drive tubes harder. because of this, they dont improve your tone much unless you have a tube amp. worry about the pickups later, and add the money you were going to spend on them to the amp budget. im not sure what amps would be the best for you in england, but im sure someone else could help you.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
b-52s does not exist in europe
i suggest orange Tiny terror
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
^ for metal? o_O

do you want to go tube? something like a peavey valveking or randall rg50tc might do at a pinch, but you can get much better metal tube amps (they're a lot more expensive though).

or if you just want something to tide you over so you can save for a better metal tube amp later, a roland cube 30 or 60 might be worth considering...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ for metal? o_O

do you want to go tube? something like a peavey valveking or randall rg50tc might do at a pinch, but you can get much better metal tube amps (they're a lot more expensive though).

or if you just want something to tide you over so you can save for a better metal tube amp later, a roland cube 30 or 60 might be worth considering...

+1
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?