Just wondering if there was any way to get my amp to just send the signal into a set of headphones rather than the amp speakers? I have a Bugera 333XL combo.

I don't really care too much but I can't turn my amp up very loud in the day when my mom's home (she... Is less supportive of me playing guitar than most parents seem to be). And at night I can't have it on, period. So obviously if I could just get a pair of really nice headphones and get my amp to just run the signal to them that would really help.
maybe you can stick it in a speaker jack in the back if you have one. unplug the speaker in the amp and plug in the headphones w/ an adapter of course. maybe itd be bad for the headphones, but i tried it once on my amp. sounded ****ty but did the job.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Does your amp have a line out?

If so just plug your headphones into the line out and that'll shut the speaker off.

EDIT: i just googled, get a 1/8 to 1/4 converter and plug your headphones into the line out on the back.

Nice amp by the way, what guitar are you playing through it?
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Last edited by Daniel8488 at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by Daniel8488
Does your amp have a line out?

If so just plug your headphones into the line out and that'll shut the speaker off.

EDIT: i just googled, get a 1/8 to 1/4 converter and plug your headphones into the line out on the back.

Nice amp by the way, what guitar are you playing through it?

Still the Schecter 006 deluxe I love the amp, but now that I have the nice amp the nuances in the guitar's sound really come out. When I save the cash up I'd either going to get a Schecter Hellraiser 8 string or a custom agile 8 string if possible.

EDIT:

Ok, got the headphones to work thanks guys

So, what are some good sets of headphones? Particularly ones that I could be blasting away and the person next to me couldn't hear anything
Last edited by edusty2010 at Dec 20, 2008,
Bose is high quality, but really quite expensive. Look at noisecancelling headphones then, if that's what your looking for. make sure you don't damage your ears lol.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
There are some pretty cheap sony noise cancelling headphones that do the job. Aren't nearly as high quality as Bose (my dad has a pair of those), but they are decent.

EDIT: Sony MDR-NC6 is what I have, I think they were $35
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp
Crybaby GCB-95 Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Digitech RP-50
Quote by edusty2010
Just wondering if there was any way to get my amp to just send the signal into a set of headphones rather than the amp speakers? I have a Bugera 333XL combo.

I don't really care too much but I can't turn my amp up very loud in the day when my mom's home (she... Is less supportive of me playing guitar than most parents seem to be). And at night I can't have it on, period. So obviously if I could just get a pair of really nice headphones and get my amp to just run the signal to them that would really help.

Weber Attenuators make something called a weber headphone tap. You can unplug your speaker plg this into the amp and the nthe speaker so its inbetween signal wise then when you hit a switch the signal is bypassed to the headphone tap. (which has a headphone jack AND a dummy load so your amp isnt damaged.) Any other way would probably damage the amp somehow.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni