My christmas money has come already, and I am torn

first off, i've never really tried the boss dd-20, but i just want some first opinions from others

I just played a DL4 a few days ago and it was AWESOME
the sweep echos and looping and everything sounded good in my opinion, and there were so many cool things i could do with it
my only issue is that i hear stories and read reviews all the time where people say that it breaks really easily or unexpectedly. some reviewers say that theirs works fine, but the majority rules in favor of the broken reviews

some people prefer the dd-20, but that looks a lot more complicated, and does it have presets like the DL4? or do i only get the choice of one delay sound out of all the features?

please help me decide on these 2
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
Boss is extremely reliable. Line 6 is responsible for the Spider III. There's no contest!
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Quote by SLD.Potato
Boss is extremely reliable. Line 6 is responsible for the Spider III. There's no contest!

Yeah, because they've made one bad line everything they've done is terrible.

A lot of top names use Line 6 pedals and modulators.

Try out the Boss, you got any near you?
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
these people have no idea what they are talking about, they just parrot information and bash line 6 because the spider sucks (which it does)

they do make some good products. not too long ago i had the same question (DD_20 or DL4) and IMO line 6 beat it out. It has been 100% reliable ever since and i am completely happy with my purchase

IMO boss makes cheap sounding, tonesucking pedals
The DL4 is true bypass by the way

just my two cents, good luck in your choice, but dont listen to people like the ones above me that bash products before even trying them out
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
FYI i was ****ng around with these pedals las week and the line 6 sonded like Kirby raping a donkey

MARK MY WORDS, THAT WILL BE SIGGED

IMO

BOSS ALL THE WAY
The UN-exiled one.
^Then you were doing it wrong. The DL4 is one of the best digital stompbox delays there is.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
^ I agree.

The DL4 sounds great!
I've never been too impressed with Boss fx...

The Line6 delay is great, lots of sounds to choose from, heck even their Echopark is decent, which I believe is modeled after the DL4.
line 6's high end stuff is very nice modeling shizz. boss's specialty to me is mostly cheaper pedals. so i say DL-4 FTW!
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.