Hello, UG doctors...

I have a problem.

I have been sick with a cold/bacteria infection for the past week. It originally started out as a flu, then turned to pink eye, then turned to a cold. I have almost healed from it - my nose is still stuff, and my ears are slightly clogged.

However, there is a more major problem with this ailment...everything I hear is a 1/2 step higher than it should be.

For example, whenever I play an E on my guitar, I hear it as an F, etc. This is getting really annoying, and it has been like this for the past four days. Just now have I presented it to my parents, and I am on an anti-biotic.

My point is...is this something that should be very concerning? I.e., is this a potential sign of permanent ear damage?

(One more thing: I haven't been on UG for awhile, so I do not know if there is a thread designated for medical problems. Knowing the UG of olde, I assume there isn't. )
The.
Sell yourself to science.

Or hookers. Who does science!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by mathieupM13
Tune your guitar

1/2 step down.

problem solved!
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
You never know, this condition could influence some crazy-ass tunes and you could be, like, well famous and stuff.
Quote by GibsonRocker14
1/2 step down.

problem solved!

I've considered doing this, as well as importing every song I listen to to audacity and tuning the songs themselves a half step down.

However, if I do get better (which I probably will), this would mean I would have to tune everything back up, which would be a total bitch.
The.
IHATECHILDREN!

I havent seen you here in ages. Last time i remember seeing you was when you were raving about Suberbowl 42, and the headhsaving thing XD

/strange reply.
Quote by Valderama
IHATECHILDREN!

I havent seen you here in ages. Last time i remember seeing you was when you were raving about Suberbowl 42, and the headhsaving thing XD

/strange reply.

Thanks, dude.

I missed you guys. And thanks for the helpful advice concerning my potential deafness.
The.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
I've considered doing this, as well as importing every song I listen to to audacity and tuning the songs themselves a half step down.

However, if I do get better (which I probably will), this would mean I would have to tune everything back up, which would be a total bitch.

true dat.

just play the songs you already know, 1/2 step down?

then when you get better learn new ones
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by XianXiuHong
How strange...

You have AIDs.

trust him, he's from the pit
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A