Page 1 of 2
Anyone know, I is curious. I am sure that DEATH, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, and Decide are way up there.
Probably Cannibal Corpse...Necrophagist perhaps. It's difficult to tell unless you go looking for these types of things...like on google perhaps?
I know Six Feet Under is one of the best selling death metal bands.....despite being the absolute worst.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
I tried, but nothing came up. Well, it did. But the article was from 2003. And I came up with this:

CANNIBAL CORPSE: 558,929
DEICIDE: 481,131
MORBID ANGEL: 445,147
SIX FEET UNDER: 370,660
OBITUARY: 368,616
DEATH: 368,184
NAPALM DEATH: 367,654
CARCASS: 220,734
ENTOMBED: 198,764

The top-selling death metal albums of the SoundScan era are as follows:

MORBID ANGEL - "Covenant" (1993): 127,154
DEICIDE - "Deicide" (1990): 110,719*
DEICIDE - "Legion" (1992): 103,544
OBITUARY - "The End Complete" (1992): 103,378
CANNIBAL CORPSE - "The Bleeding" (1994): 98,319

It's been nearly 6 years now, though. Surely things have changed. Also, I am talking 'true' old-school death metal, not tripe like JFAC
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/BlabberMouth.Net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=16769

Your spot on with those 4

the links exactly what you found above.

Theres no reference so its obviously not true but wikipedia states "Human" has over 500,000 Sales worldwide, but only states 70,000 of them in the States.

If the wiki quote is true then things must of changed alot since when the charts were marked up.
Kaya Scodelario... Wow

GEAR:
Air
Purple Tortex Jazz Picks
Last edited by GenderConfusedJ at Dec 20, 2008,
Cannibal Corpse are the highest paid death metal band making around 30,000 dollars annually.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

I heard somewhere that Dethklok had the best spot on the billboard charts from a death metal album ever.
Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I
Quote by DewdPerson
I heard somewhere that Dethklok had the best spot on the billboard charts from a death metal album ever.

Dethklok are shit, and not even death metal. So this statement is void.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Didn't Opeth's watershed make it up to 20 on billboards top 200 one week? (I guess they're not exactly straight-up death metal though)
I'm a stupid jackass.
Quote by Stranglehold
Dethklok are shit,

I'm glad someone finally said it. The show is great, but releasing an album was a little too much.
Quote by zigz407
I know Six Feet Under is one of the best selling death metal bands.....despite being the absolute worst.

They're generic, somewhat more accessible then most and full of high-profile musicians. Of course Six Feet Under are one of the best selling bands. They're boring and all, but they're a good introduction to the genre, especially for kids who haven't been exposed to anything heavier then Pantera.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by The Kreator
and than going on tour, and a second album...

I didn't even know about that.
What about Slayer? I thought they'd be up there with Corpse for sure..
Call me Jack
^Not death metal, genius...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
^Not death metal, genius...

Well not now at least. In the 80's, zines would always call them "death metal", "black metal", "speed metal". Things like that.
Quote by The Frayed Ends
I'm glad someone finally said it. The show is great, but releasing an album was a little too much.

too much what?
CC and death.
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
Quote by metal Lover
Well not now at least. In the 80's, zines would always call them "death metal", "black metal", "speed metal". Things like that.

And Jimi Hendrix was referred to as heavy metal. Does that mean that he was heavy metal back when they referred to him like that?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by Napalmdeth
too much what?

Product of incest or just accident at birth?
Quote by metal Lover

Worst.
Logic.
Ever.
Im pretty sure morbid angel sold more than 445k albums. Didnt covenant alone sell over 500k?

I dont know about that soundscan thing and how it counts, maybe its only in the US it counts, in that case it might be correct.
how many arseholes (me included) downloaded it?

tons
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
The only time I ever download albums is if I've never heard it, and I am interested in buying it if I like it. Or if it's really rare and/or out of print. Or really expensive.

Covenant is none of those, and it can be found at almost any record store with a metal section.
Buy it if you like it.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Beware for Megadethklok next year
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Quote by STABxYOU
They're generic, somewhat more accessible then most and full of high-profile musicians. Of course Six Feet Under are one of the best selling bands. They're boring and all, but they're a good introduction to the genre, especially for kids who haven't been exposed to anything heavier then Pantera.

+1
I really don't like them though.
Sucks that Death are still so low. Easily my favourite death metal band.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by skate_guitar
+1
I really don't like them though.

Neither do I anymore, but they were cool when I was 16. And it's less shameful then Slipknot.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Page 1 of 2