hey guyz. I have a question for ya. I mostly play metal and today i decided to play something different from now. I learned to play canon rock and i need a decent pedal to get the correct tone. You already know how canon rock sounds like. What pedal do you recommend to get the right sound for canon rock? Trust me i can't play with my schecter nor grunge pedal.
big muff pi
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Hmmm, try setting the tone to your guitar to zero and you'll get that "europa" by carlos santana sound kinda.

And do it with overdrive.....now I don't know how to get the violin/classical sounding of "canon rock"
i think the canon tone is the same as the cliffs of dover/satch/vai... looking at the jemini might not be bad, but the big muff might do it...
Quote by poor_blue_crabs
Hmmm, try setting the tone to your guitar to zero and you'll get that "europa" by carlos santana sound kinda.

Good plan. Neck pickup, too.

Quote by poor_blue_crabs
And do it with overdrive.....now I don't know how to get the violin/classical sounding of "canon rock"

You already said how. tone control is part of it, using an overdrive is the other part. Then comes technique. There also sounds like a bit of harmonization going on in the video. Maybe just double tracking the audio/leads, I dunno.
Xotic Effects BB Preamp?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
How can Surfing With The Alien and Cliffs of Dover sound even remotely similar?
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
I recommend the rp-350 or rp-500 because you seem to be looking for a very versatile pedal, and thats what this is. I have seen patches, i think, for all those songs
I'm Luke.
Quote by nightraven
they don't, but both guitarists use a butler tube driver in their rig, which is an incredible pedal, which is why i recommended it earlier in the thread.

I have a Butler Tube Driver with the bias knob. You don't need to preach to the choir.

It a very nice OD, but it's not magic. Satch and Eric use very different guitars and amps, one pedal doesn't solve everything.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
might wanna invest in a delay pedal for cliffs of dover
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by orionz06
i think the canon tone is the same as the cliffs of dover/satch/vai... looking at the jemini might not be bad, but the big muff might do it...

What?

How can those possibly sound the same to you?

And further, a Big Muff sounds nothing like any of those.
Quote by Prophet of Page
How can Surfing With The Alien and Cliffs of Dover sound even remotely similar?

that's what i was thinking. anything you get is going to involve some kind of compromise... something like an HBE big D or power screamer, *maybe*, but there's still going to be a compromise, it's going to be very dependent on the amp, and they're very expensive if the threadstarter's current amp is more or less a starter amp.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by forsaknazrael
I think he's ust looking for the same kind of singing lead tone as in those songs, dudes. Not necessarily those exact tones.

Aw. I was going to say that.

I don't think you really need the same tone, but I think an overdrive will do it. EHX will do. It's my new favorite brand since yesterday. Haha.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I think he's ust looking for the same kind of singing lead tone as in those songs, dudes. Not necessarily those exact tones.

no worries. my couple of pedal suggestions still stand, but there are probably a ton of options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by al112987
What?

How can those possibly sound the same to you?

And further, a Big Muff sounds nothing like any of those.

not the same exact tone, but similar...

played more with a muff at the store today, and cant possibly remember why i mentioned it...