I know there are a lot of posts of this but iam asking especifically about a metallica song that would be good for a begginer/intermediate to learn i mean, the whole song cause i know some parts of a lot of songs ( nothing else matters, one, master, the unforgiven, sabbra...) but i mean it always gets too hard in the solos so iam asking ...

is there any good song from them that the whole song is challenging but possible for a beginner to play?

... Srry if my english is bad xD, not my first language.

oooo and also any other song from another group that u recommend me?

TY
for whom the bell tolls
If you say Randy Rhoads isn't amazing, I will hunt you down (Same for Marty Friedman)Founder of Rhoads/Friedman pm if you want in..
"guitarists have a thing, where their guitar is like an extension of their penis.." well said, ozzy
For beginner/intermediate, I'd say Seek and Destroy would be a great (and fun) one to learn. It's pretty easy but sounds rockin. Especially if you skip the solo (also easy, but fast, so that might present some probs).
Hero of the Day. i mastered that one pretty quick. But Seek and destroy is fun to play. you can even bridge the solo if you work it right
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 BXP
Peavey TNT 115
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Blackstar Ht-1R
Anything from St. Anger is easy (Doesn't mean it sounds good)

But yeah... Seek & Destroy or Whom the bells toll
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Whoever told you "Sabbra Cadabra" was a Metallica song lied.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all

well, they covered it, they did not make it though
Quote by bender01
I know there are a lot of posts of this but iam asking especifically about a metallica song that would be good for a begginer/intermediate to learn i mean, the whole song cause i know some parts of a lot of songs ( nothing else matters, one, master, the unforgiven, sabbra...) but i mean it always gets too hard in the solos so iam asking ...

is there any good song from them that the whole song is challenging but possible for a beginner to play?

... Srry if my english is bad xD, not my first language.

oooo and also any other song from another group that u recommend me?

TY
Quote by bucketheadbukut
well, they covered it, they did not make it though
Well, they didn't make it. That's my point. Your "well" was kind of pointless for being there in a way that sounds like you're contradicting my post considering the last half of your post confirms my point.

*takes a victory sip of this awesome kool-aid and walks off*

Edit: +1 on playing "For Whom the Bell Tolls"
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by bucketheadbukut
definatley bells or sandman, but my first tallica song was one xD

xD
Quote by metal4all

haha i know its sabbaths but ty
TYVM everyone i think ill try first seek and destroy since i love that ***** song and then for whom the tolls

Quote by DeadlyKombat
Hero of the Day. i mastered that one pretty quick. But Seek and destroy is fun to play. you can even bridge the solo if you work it right

oooo il try it too, ty
Last edited by bender01 at Dec 20, 2008,
I say (like everybody else) For Whom The Bell Tolls. Most of Seek & Destroy is easy, except for the bridge riff before the solo which is all downpicked at 200+bpm.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Sorry if I sound like a butt-hurt pretentious bastard but...

Sabbra is a black sabbath song.

The unforgiven is based heavily off a western song Hetfield heard, with the same trumpet line used (for obvious legal reasons, Hetfield won't tell).

Master of Puppets has been claimed by Mustaine (leader of Megadeth). Mustaine reckons e wrote most of the songs on Kill 'Em all and Ride the lighting and Master of Puppets.

One is a once off, and sounds curiously similar to some of 'Tallicas other stuff (*cough fade to black)

I'd give them Nothing else matters though..

To T/S
play fade to black, it's very similar to 'one'. Also, the unforgiven 2 sounds similar to the unforgiven and is almost as easy to play. The load and reload era stuff is pretty easy, but doesn't sound like classic metallica.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
If by that you mean MEtallica (or, Mehtallica as I would call them if I didnt like them) then definately enter sandman
Quote by demonofthenight
Sorry if I sound like a butt-hurt pretentious bastard but...

Sabbra is a black sabbath song.

The unforgiven is based heavily off a western song Hetfield heard, with the same trumpet line used (for obvious legal reasons, Hetfield won't tell).

Master of Puppets has been claimed by Mustaine (leader of Megadeth). Mustaine reckons e wrote most of the songs on Kill 'Em all and Ride the lighting and Master of Puppets.

One is a once off, and sounds curiously similar to some of 'Tallicas other stuff (*cough fade to black)

I'd give them Nothing else matters though..

To T/S
play fade to black, it's very similar to 'one'. Also, the unforgiven 2 sounds similar to the unforgiven and is almost as easy to play. The load and reload era stuff is pretty easy, but doesn't sound like classic metallica.
Mustaine wrote the songs with Hetfield. After Mustaine left the picture it was Hetfield and Ulrich doing most of the writing.

One isn't a "once off". It doesn't sound like "Fade to Black" just because it starts with a B5 arpeggio, either.

TS, if you didn't learn the whole of the other songs because the solos are hard then I don't see why you think "Seek & Destroy" is a good song.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
awww ya....actually i started with for whom the bell tolls and ya its pretty easy iam almost done with it