So, I need a mic for Team Fortress 2 (an online game). But my only desktop mic doesnt work. So I had the idea of doing a line in to my laptop, and use my laptop mic
what are some programs i could use to monitor my mic while i use it (IE hear myself speak while i am speaking) BTW Audacity doesnt do this for me
!!! Thats the kind of thing i am thinking. (I dont think you can though) I need to "talk" to myself.
Theres a way to change your registry so it plays right out from the microphone, it's complicated, so if you have AIM my screenname is the same as here and I can help you.

EDIT: I worded it wrong what happens is your speakers play out what comes in through the microphone.
ok, this sounds crazy but it works.. just plug a pair of headphones into the mic input on your computer, talk into the headphones.. one of them will work as the mic, one wont..

it actually sounds decent too.. good luck
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
ok, this sounds crazy but it works.. just plug a pair of headphones into the mic input on your computer, talk into the headphones.. one of them will work as the mic, one wont..

it actually sounds decent too.. good luck

AMAZING.
But no, it doesnt quite work well enough. Its extremely light.
Maybe ill try a different pair
Im surprised though
nice find
Quote by AlskiOverload
AMAZING.
But no, it doesnt quite work well enough. Its extremely light.
Maybe ill try a different pair
Im surprised though
nice find

By extremlely light do you mean it doesn't input loud enough? You can fix this by going to Sound Properties and turning on Microhpone Boost