I am looking at buying the boss gt-10 and I was wondering if the pedal can perform the same basic functions as a normal cheap audio interface when using usb? what im most concerned with is being able to use programs like amplitube or revalver while having the gt-10 doing the audio conversion instead of my computers sound card. I cant afford a normal interface, and my onboard card takes 70+ ms to do the AD/DA conversion in amplitube, which is pretty terrible.

So basically what im asking is does the gt-10 have the capablity to replace my crappy sound card and give me lower latencies when using amplitube/revalver?
Quote by eric1123
I am looking at buying the boss gt-10 and I was wondering if the pedal can perform the same basic functions as a normal cheap audio interface when using usb? what im most concerned with is being able to use programs like amplitube or revalver while having the gt-10 doing the audio conversion instead of my computers sound card. I cant afford a normal interface, and my onboard card takes 70+ ms to do the AD/DA conversion in amplitube, which is pretty terrible.

So basically what im asking is does the gt-10 have the capablity to replace my crappy sound card and give me lower latencies when using amplitube/revalver?

the GT-10 can be used as a soundcard im pretty sure. its a great feature, its what i do with my POD XT unfortunately, it doesnt specify whether its USB 2.0 or not, which means it probably isnt, and it might get a bit of latency. hopefully less than your current sound card though.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
oh ok sounds good. thanks for the replys guys

i did a bit of searching on google for usb 2.0 and yea, its weird, i couldnt find many details. However i did find a heading on the boss website in the requirements section saying "In case of USB 2.0" http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/GT-10/specs.html
so im assuming it has full usb 2.0 support then?