hi there, i was wondering if there was a way to adjust my guitar's neck for lower tunings. at the moment ive got light gauge strings and my guitar is in drop b (i know im so smart ) but how do you adjust the neck so that you can hit hight notes on the neck without getting the squeky sound (or is it fret buzz) in drop a or b. this is as far as i plan to detune. if theres a link to a website or video because its to much to explain, please put it up

thank you
oh my god, much thicker strings
for drop b, 12's at the least but i use 13's and that low b string still feels slacky
your tone most likely sounds like at this point a go-cart driving through wet cement
learn2hear actual guitar tone and realize "hey, this sounds unbearable"
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
Quote by tallaxegrinder
oh my god, much thicker strings
for drop b, 12's at the least but i use 13's and that low b string still feels slacky
your tone most likely sounds like at this point a go-cart driving through wet cement
learn2hear actual guitar tone and realize "hey, this sounds unbearable"

no i know what you mean it sounds like ****, i used heavier strings but i couldnt solo i got a squeaky noise on the12th-22nd fret. if i bend the note i get the same high pitched sqeaky sound. i was reccomended these jazz strings by dadirrio (sorry if it isnt spelled right) i used them and it did no good. i know have "not even slinkys" from earnie ball. if i apply those can i solo? if not, how do i adjust the neck so it can be that way. thats the point of my question.
You shouldn't need to adjust the truss rod just for playing in different tunings. Heavy strings are essential, though you may also need to raise the action a little bit if there's still problems.
Quote by kyle62
You shouldn't need to adjust the truss rod just for playing in different tunings. Heavy strings are essential, though you may also need to raise the action a little bit if there's still problems.

yes, thats what i mean, how do i raise the action