I know there's a sticky about refinishing, and this is different because I DON'T WANT TO DO IT ON MY OWN. I just may want to pay to have it done sometime down the road. I've looked around the web, but where's the BEST place to get it done? Thanks
IT'S JEFF

Fender MIM Fat Strat, HSS
Peavey Envoy 110
Last edited by 11macj at Dec 20, 2008,
I would suggest asking around at your local guitar shops. Especially if you plan on them reassembling it. You don't want some dork with a paintbrush screwing with it if they don't really know how to put it back together.
Is there any website or chain store that you would suggest?
IT'S JEFF

Fender MIM Fat Strat, HSS
Peavey Envoy 110
If you sanded it down and sealed the wood (or not if you didn't sand that far) you could probably get an car body shop to spray a solid colour for you, if that's what you wanted.
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
Getting the best paint job for cheap could be a problem. If you want the body sanded to bare wood then repainted expect to pay 200$ for a solid color. Most auto body places wont want to deal with a single guitar body. The paint mixing, prep etc isnt worth the time for most of em. If you had 20 guitar bodies all in the same color be be different. A guitar shop is going to get some decent money for disassembly, painting, and reassembly. If you want it CHEAP only way to do it is yourself.