how do i do this?

I can't figure out how to get my entire iTunes library (10.22 GB) to my laptop without connecting them (I don't have the cord)

anyone know how to do this?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Memory stick?

Edit - didnt read the 10gig part
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by Gerald The Mous
Thumb drive?
Or, if you have an internet connection on both of them, and they're both on a network, you can make the folder shared and transfer it.

I keep trying to do that but it always comes up as a text file not an MP3 file.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Quote by angus is god
I keep trying to do that but it always comes up as a text file not an MP3 file.

Thats because your are trying to move your iTunes library, not the actual music. Go to wherever the actual music files are stored and share that folder.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by Hairball135
best thing is external or put them on an ipod and do it that way

It only uploaded 200 songs cause those were the only ones I legally downloaded.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Quote by angus is god
It only uploaded 200 songs cause those were the only ones I legally downloaded.
wait onto the harddrive?
Quote by Hairball135
wait onto the harddrive?

no from my ipod to my laptop, I'm going to get a wifi connect card tomorrow, how much does a 15 gig thumb drive cost? or do they even sell them that big?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Do you have a router? And both computers connected to it?
And tell me what's your Operating System.
Get an external hard drive and transfer your music onto the hard drive than transfer your music from the hard drive to your laptop. very simple!
aright go to control panel and switch to classic view then go to folder options and go to the tab taht says view.switch it to show hidden files and folders.the go to your my computer open your ipod and all your music should be in folders from like f00 to f19 or something like that
I'm surprised noone has said Network yet... If they're both connected to the same network at the same time. Do the following ---
>Control Panel
>Network Setup Wizard
>Follow the steps (MAKE SURE YOU ENABLE FILE TRANSFER)
>Reboot
>Do on other computer (Make sure neither computers documents are set to private, or you wont be able to share (Haven't figured out how to unprivate them yet))
>Make your music folder shared (Right click, properties, sharing tab, enable sharing on network)
>Go to "My Network Places" On your laptop, find the folder (click on the icon with the name of the computer you want to transfer from)
>Copy the music folder to your laptop
>DONE

Any questions? Now my toast is cold =(

Edit: Don't say this doesn't work, it's what I use to watch movies/transfer files/do alot of stuff.

Double Edit: If it doesn't work properly the first time, just tell me what's wrong and I'll correct my steps... It's been a while since I've done it, and if I find an error I usually just funk around till I get it right.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Dec 20, 2008,
there is some free program you can download that will transfer all the songs on your ipod to a compute it is connected to, and the only catch is that it prompts you to buy the pro version every 50 songs it completes. I used it to transfer my 3000+ library to my new laptop last year.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
There's a program called Tune Tools that lets you transfer music directly from your iPod to your computer. It's only like, thirty bucks.
It's a process, not an event.
i'll just get a thumb drive, i only have a one computer router so they cant be connected at the same time.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Quote by angus is god
i'll just get a thumb drive, i only have a one computer router so they cant be connected at the same time.

Byt that I'm guessing you mean only 1 port? Because I only have 1 router and I can connect all my computers (Because it's a wireless with like 4 ports) but even on my modem I can connect 2 (USB and Ethernet)

But that sucks if you can't connect them at once, it's the easiest way, just like having a second HDD
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo