ive got a boss me-50 multi-effects pedal, and ive always used the 40-500ms digital delay setting (9 o'clock on the knob) but i see the analog option as well. ive messed with it maybe 5 mins, but whats the difference? they can get the same delay time it seems.
i have the same device

just a little different, sounds my echo-ish to me, more natural...it really only matters how it sounds anyways

its a nice pedal really, throw it infront of a pushed tube amp and it really shines
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Not owning the pedal, I can only assume that one is trying to emulate the sound of an analogue delay, whereas the other is simply a digitally created delay without the attempts to sound like a more sought-after pedal.
^ yeah.

generally analog delays are "warmer" sounding and not as precise. they're trying to recreate that sound digitally.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
i would say something useful...but everything i could have said was said over 12 minutes ago lol
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
i have the same device

just a little different, sounds my echo-ish to me, more natural...it really only matters how it sounds anyways

its a nice pedal really, throw it infront of a pushed tube amp and it really shines

yeah thats kinda what i was thinking. i just started using it tonight, im probably gonna use that setting instead of the other.

and yes about the tube amp.. i just got one and im in love with the pedal all over again.