Hey guys, I'm looking for an OVERDRIVE pedal that can give me a light sort of British crunch. I am not looking for a distortion pedal, I have a heavier pedal for that. I am not considering a TubeScreamer as it is too light and im not willing to spend $90+ on a TS. I have a budget of $150.

Examples of my target tone are...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXq5VvYAI1Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lpVjXwAfm0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SEULZIHru0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEfSnjL0pd8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SihzNpiBPL8 - the pedal should be able to reach the drive level in this video.

Thanks in Advance to all.
BBE green screamer, full tone OCD, hardwire tube OD

BTW what is your amp???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Dec 20, 2008,
DIgitech Screamin' Blues, its an overdrive/distortion and it is an analog pedal.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Boss super overdrive i guess. not spending over 90 on an OD is probably really hard to do.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Check out either the M-I Audio Blues Pro or the Crunchbox.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
fulltone ocd

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

also check out the mosfet, if your ganna get an OCD might aswell throw in another 20$ and get the Fulltone Mosfet.

I like my CM-2 better tho.
The BBE sounds too much like the TubeScreamer.
I would like to get an OCD but they are $180 at the store close to me.
I've heard pretty bad things about the Hardwire pedal series so I am gonna stay away from them.
I've never seen EHX English Muff'n so i dont think i'll be able to buy one even if i want one.

I have a Peavey Valve King 212.

Would a Boss SD or OD work for me?
Dude, try out the pedals yourself and see what you think.

Dont be tottally against something you haven tried, CM-2 are pretty dan good.

I got one, compared it to Tubes screamer TS9, 808, Greenscreamer, boss BD-2, fulltone mosfet.

I only realized how good this pedal was when i put it trough a crappy old Gibson SS amp.

Completely changed the amp, its unbealiveable how good the pedal sounds.
Its damn good, the only pedal id take over it is probly the Mosfet for sure.

Hardwires are good pedals, and the main reason they get alot of **** is just cause there from Digitech.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Dec 21, 2008,
Alright, THEKID546, you've convinced me. The problem is, the stores close to me don't carry the Hardwire pedals...

Has anyone tried the new MXR Classic Distortion M-86 pedals at GC yet? Can they do light crunch?
If your ganna get any pedal no ?'s asked your not ganna try it out before hand and for sure be happy when you get it.

I have to say invest your money in a FUlltone Mosfet.

Really its a pedal that good.

I cant really say that for anyother pedal, not even my CM-2 altough i liked it over the MOSFET, it will do any OD sound under the sun.
Quote by SSL27
Check out either the M-I Audio Blues Pro or the Crunchbox.
These will nail the tones you're after. On the cheaper side, maybe a Boss Blues Driver which has a relatively high amount of gain for an od pedal.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
A full drive 2 could do all those tones except the zep tune, that sounded like a fuzz to me.

BTW Sultans of Swing is one of my all time favorite songs. +1
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
A full drive 2 could do all those tones except the zep tune, that sounded like a fuzz to me.

BTW Sultans of Swing is one of my all time favorite songs. +1

So a FD-2 can do you all the things an OCD can do? I know it sounds like a stupid questions but i just love the sound and look of the OCD and im partial to the OCD so i need some facts about the FD-2 to bring me back to reality. Jimmy Page uses fuzz boxes?

LOL me too
Jimmy page uses everything, he even used those vox super beatle amps with built in fuzz, that's the tone you hear on whole lotta love I believe, back on topic though.

The FD2 can do everything that the OCD does, but the OCD has more gain if I'm not mistaken. Really, I'd try them out if at all possible. I've not tried the OCD, but I'm sure it's got a different voicing than the FD2, though they're both designed to be transparent overdrives, one is made to be simple, the other has more options.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Luxifer
So a FD-2 can do you all the things an OCD can do? I know it sounds like a stupid questions but i just love the sound and look of the OCD and im partial to the OCD so i need some facts about the FD-2 to bring me back to reality. Jimmy Page uses fuzz boxes?

LOL me too

Early on yeah, he used a Tonebender during the Yardbirds and a little on the first Zeppelin album. The second album is mostly the built in fuzz/distortion from a Vox UL4120, theres other amps on II though as well. Anyways The Rover isn't a fuzz pedal. I'd be enclined to go with the OCD in your case.
any Od pedal really will do a light crunch. Which one will suit you best depends primarily on what amp you put it in front of. What amp is that? then advice will be easier to give
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
Quote by Kevin Saale
Jimmy page uses everything, he even used those vox super beatle amps with built in fuzz, that's the tone you hear on whole lotta love I believe, back on topic though.

The FD2 can do everything that the OCD does, but the OCD has more gain if I'm not mistaken. Really, I'd try them out if at all possible. I've not tried the OCD, but I'm sure it's got a different voicing than the FD2, though they're both designed to be transparent overdrives, one is made to be simple, the other has more options.

Do you know any information on the manufacturer of the fabled Supro amp that Page used on many recordings?

Is the FD2 worth the extra ~+$20 over the OCD in your opinion?

Quote by chrisdam
any Od pedal really will do a light crunch. Which one will suit you best depends primarily on what amp you put it in front of. What amp is that? then advice will be easier to give.

I have a Peavey Valve King 212 Combo.