Hey guys, i tried a bunch of pickups in my 8 years of guitar experience, and prefer the Seymour Duncan Invader, i swear by this pickup,i have 2 of them, one in each of my fenders, i am adding the SH-8s in my LTD for christmas, i have no experience with the neck pickup and was looking for some insight on what to expect, i have only heard it from Syn Gates live and on recording.

TL/DR

I am looking for insight on the invader Neck Pickup as i only have experience with the bridge
thats with the alnico VIII magnet right?

ive always wanted to try one of those....
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
That's surprising... most of us who have tried the invader consider it to be a muddy trebly mess. The neck pickup IMO is even worse.

Just out of curiosity, what's your amp and what genres do you play?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
i use high gain amps with average mids, low bass and high trebel, i use low drop tunings and genres include, metal/hardcore/deathmetal
ive read that the neck pickup has way lower output to make it more versatile
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
ive read that the neck pickup has way lower output to make it more versatile

i read that too, it makes me not want to get it beauce i love high output gear, but it really cant be THAT bad
Quote by Guitar Skater
i use high gain amps with average mids, low bass and high trebel, i use low drop tunings and genres include, metal/hardcore/deathmetal

Which amps in particular?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Whatever works for you...

On topic, I'd say if you like the bridge pickup you'll probably like the neck pickup even though it is lower output. Super high output neck = muddy tone with no definition.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

They are muddy in the bridge. There is a good chance they will be even muddier in the neck.