Okay so ive been in a band for about 2 years now and i've noticed that i am never excited to play a show. The first 2 shows I played i was somewhat happy about it but after that its been becoming less and less appealing and now i dont even want to play shows anymore. I have one tomorrow and im kinda like "ahh thats right i have a damn show tomorrow". I like playing guitar, writing songs and playing with my band but playing live seems like such a drag.

Do any of you also feel this way?
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
I would take a break from shows for awhile if I were you.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Play naked. It'll rekindle that spark.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Time to become a studio band?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
well that's a good thing, because you get so many shows you get bored of it. i wish our band can even get shows.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
I've never felt un-excited to be on stage.
I guess I can't agree, but merely sit in here awe over that you could even slightly get tired of playing in front of a crowd.
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
Quote by andy_thomas

or you could go sox on cox
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
What type of music do you play? If it's fast and loud get aggressive and move around, if it's slow and powerful play with feel and soul.
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
well we play like one show a month so its not that much.

EDIT: also i dont really move around when i play simply because i dont have the energy to. i dont want to force myself to do it cause then its just cheesy. plus the stuff is hard enough to play standing still.
Quote by csn00b
Last edited by jpgilbert701 at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by andy_thomas

sigged
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
write an album...

then gig to promote it..

or you just play lame shows... do you move or are you one of those people who stand there, play their set and go home? shows are all about how YOU play.. if you're bored, the audience is too
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
i think you guys just need to sit down and write some new material. take a break then write some new stuff and work on your stage presence, that will probably bringback your love for gigging
I never get bored playing live.

It's just so much fun.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
write an album...

then gig to promote it..

or you just play lame shows... do you move or are you one of those people who stand there, play their set and go home? shows are all about how YOU play.. if you're bored, the audience is too

I see what you mean but the audience does move. The audience usually has a good time but i think thats what bothers me. I play metal so the audience tends to be full of hXc kids who practice their karate kicks at shows. I really hate that and maybe thats what brings me down.
Quote by csn00b
Quote by hxckma
i think you guys just need to sit down and write some new material. take a break then write some new stuff and work on your stage presence, that will probably bringback your love for gigging

Well ive never really had a love for gigging. I used to imagine what it would be like but once i got there i realized it was nothing like i had hoped.
Quote by csn00b
Quote by jpgilbert701
I see what you mean but the audience does move. The audience usually has a good time but i think thats what bothers me. I play metal so the audience tends to be full of hXc kids who practice their karate kicks at shows. I really hate that and maybe thats what brings me down.

Try a different genre. You could try rock; a different genre = a different audience.

It might just be the atmosphere of the gigs that you don't like.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
dude get with the chicks that are into you just for playin on stage... and hit up parties after and stuff, the shows only to kill time till after your sets done =)
Quote by jpgilbert701
Well ive never really had a love for gigging. I used to imagine what it would be like but once i got there i realized it was nothing like i had hoped.

well for one thing i can see how the hardcore faggots practiceing karate in your mosh pits can ruin your, but as for gigging not be as you expected, did expect to be playing huge venues right off the bat? what size venues ARE you playing in, maybe you guys should try playing different clubs and get away from those hxc fags
Quote by slayer_zero
well that's a good thing, because you get so many shows you get bored of it. i wish our band can even get shows.

I wish our band could get a drummer that lasts more then a week and doesn't leave his fscking kit at our house for 3 months >.<
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
ask your band if you can get play a solo. do a big finish to a song. Get down on your knees, interact with the crowd. You don't have the energy look at angus young, 60 years old and still duckwalking ya lazy basatad! Move around, guitar is about expressing yourself across six strings, let your emotions be felt, play an encore get down on your nees and play wit hyour eyes closed with an angry look (since its metal) make fun of the HxC kids in between songs. If you say the material is hard enough already then clearly you haven't mastered it enough. PLay it till you can play it rolling on the ground.
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Quote by BelowZero
ask your band if you can get play a solo. do a big finish to a song. Get down on your knees, interact with the crowd. You don't have the energy look at angus young, 60 years old and still duckwalking ya lazy basatad! Move around, guitar is about expressing yourself across six strings, let your emotions be felt, play an encore get down on your nees and play wit hyour eyes closed with an angry look (since its metal) make fun of the HxC kids in between songs. If you say the material is hard enough already then clearly you haven't mastered it enough. PLay it till you can play it rolling on the ground.

Somthing like that can either end brilliantly or horrificly. There's no in between.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Iriathz
Try a different genre. You could try rock; a different genre = a different audience.

It might just be the atmosphere of the gigs that you don't like.

Yeah ive actually been thinking that this is the reason. Ive pretty much stopped listening to metal and moved on to more indie rock type stuff. I think its the atmosphere and the scene as a whole. Its become so stale.
Quote by csn00b
Quote by hxckma
well for one thing i can see how the hardcore faggots practiceing karate in your mosh pits can ruin your, but as for gigging not be as you expected, did expect to be playing huge venues right off the bat? what size venues ARE you playing in, maybe you guys should try playing different clubs and get away from those hxc fags

No i never thought that i would be playing huge venues. Its not the size of the venues that bothers me cause i prefer smaller places but its just the people. If i could get away from them then i would but they're everywhere.
Quote by csn00b
If you don't want hardcore kids coming to your gigs, then you should probably make your music less hardcore-ish. Not to say that your music is lame or "not metal", but the fact is that certain types of music attract certain crowds. Real metal attracts real metal fans.

That, or maybe you're just not happy playing the style you play anymore?

EDIT:

Check out some other local metal bands in your area that you don't normally gig with. Check out their crowds, maybe they have a less annoying following. If so, try an schedule some shows with 'em!
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
Quote by Metal Disciple
If you don't want hardcore kids coming to your gigs, then you should probably make your music less hardcore-ish. Not to say that your music is lame or "not metal", but the fact is that certain types of music attract certain crowds. Real metal attracts real metal fans.

That, or maybe you're just not happy playing the style you play anymore?

Im not the type of person who says whats "real" metal and "poser" metal. In fact those are the people who i dont like. I like metal but i hate metalheads and metal shows so im not really looking for "real" metal fans. im just looking for normal people who are open to new ideas and who dont think they have to dress or look a certain way to make others think theyre cool.
Quote by csn00b
Quote by jpgilbert701

this actually happened to me, i love my metal music... but i can't seem to enjoy playing it. y'know what i did? i bought an accoustic guitar, started writing, and voila, a nice solo project... and i always get a warm feeling when i play in front of people, whether it be 5 or 500. 4 years down the road and i still play both genres, to myself and live.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Quote by jpgilbert701
Im not the type of person who says whats "real" metal and "poser" metal. In fact those are the people who i dont like. I like metal but i hate metalheads and metal shows so im not really looking for "real" metal fans. im just looking for normal people who are open to new ideas and who dont think they have to dress or look a certain way to make others think theyre cool.

That's not what I meant, I'm not a "real metal" nazi, either.

I was just pointing out that, whether you like it or not, your music is attracting a certain kind of concert goer. If you don't like metal shows or metalheads, you're definately playing in the wrong band. Try pursuing something you really enjoy. Music is all about having fun, after all.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
Quote by jpgilbert701

so basically you want people like myself, I'm a metalhead but you'd never guess it if it weren't for the vast expanse of band t-****s i have, i have short parted hair that goes to appox just below my eyebrows, and im clean shaven with a soul patch, im told i look a lot like Jack Black
Quote by hxckma
so basically you want people like myself, I'm a metalhead but you'd never guess it if it weren't for the vast expanse of band t-****s i have, i have short parted hair that goes to appox just below my eyebrows, and im clean shaven with a soul patch, im told i look a lot like Jack Black

Not really. I dont care as long as youre real. Most people in the metal scene aren't and they just follow the herd.
Quote by csn00b
Last edited by jpgilbert701 at Dec 20, 2008,
I hate people who throw down, but I would love to see a massive pit while I was playing(never gigged) whether it was throwing down or a real mosh pit...I would probably get sick of dumb throwing down quickly and make fun of them or try to appeal to the headbangers in the front row, because thats where the real injuries occur
Quote by drunkinkoala
I'm never had a gig

I've never even been in a band.

deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3