It's gonna be just me and an acoustic guitar...bleeding scary stuff! Just gonna be doing mostly covers and a couple originals....small coffee house gig, ya know?

Stuff like Carry on Wayward Son(Kansas), Wish You Were Here(Pink Floyd), Little Black Backpack(Stroke 9),What It's Like(Everlast), 37 Stitches(Drowning Pool)etc....

Anywayz, I've never done anything like this before, so I was wondering if you guys had any pointers or tips!

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
tune your guitar
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Obviously, make sure you are in tune, and just be calm. After the first or second song you won't be nervous anymore, don't worry! Make sure you smile, or show some kind of emotion while you play, and maybe talk to the audience a bit between songs to keep them interested. Hope this helps, and good luck!
Quote by GNRjungle87
Obviously, make sure you are in tune, and just be calm. After the first or second song you won't be nervous anymore, don't worry! Make sure you smile, or show some kind of emotion while you play, and maybe talk to the audience a bit between songs to keep them interested. Hope this helps, and good luck!

this us exactly what you should do. +1
careful of coming off as if you think your good, people pick up on that and tend to be less receptive... or at least i do

"I have better things to do...
Like play with my balls."

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

To original poster - How did your gig go? I'm asking because I could start a thread with the exact same post as you. Except maybe for the song selection. I'm probably showing my age, but I'm playing Petty, Mellencamp, Springsteen, Stones, CCR etc. My gig is in about 10 days. I'm confident but nervous. I'm an average strummer with a passable voice. Mostly when I've played for family and friends they seem to dig it because I put my heart into it. Anxious to hear your thoughts as well as those of any others on the board.
ME TOO! I was thinking about doing a gig on Friday but afraid i'll be my pants or mess up and THEN poo my pants! lol

I'm great in front of an audience, and a good actor..

but not when exposing my music and being judged for that kinda thing...

heheh...

oh and did you sing? I don't think i'd be doing any singing
dont play wish you were here, good song but played way too many times and if you cant play it really good it will look bad.... but good luck and i truely hope all goes well for you in your venture of live music
iM Get'n that fa sho!

play acoustic, jam hard

AiM - TheCarsonCity
Ok....sorry it took forever for me to get back on here lol!

Gig went good after I got over the initial song...my voice sucked cuz I was nervous as hell, but after that it was really comfortable and felt just like playing for a bunch of friends.

Cool thing about playing music for people who arent musicians is...they are easily impressed, so alot of my little solosih things (and even some of the basic arpeggiated parts) were mind blowing to them lol, and most everyone loved the songs....especially cheesy ones that I played for the simple fact that they are overplayed, people got a kick outta that stuff like wish you were here.
Quote by OneWingedAngelN
Ok....sorry it took forever for me to get back on here lol!

Gig went good after I got over the initial song...my voice sucked cuz I was nervous as hell, but after that it was really comfortable and felt just like playing for a bunch of friends.

Cool thing about playing music for people who arent musicians is...they are easily impressed, so alot of my little solosih things (and even some of the basic arpeggiated parts) were mind blowing to them lol, and most everyone loved the songs....especially cheesy ones that I played for the simple fact that they are overplayed, people got a kick outta that stuff like wish you were here.

Truth.

You might think you're only an average guitarist, but to most non-musicians, you're a demi-god

Glad it went well for you man.
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts