I want a tone like era1004 (on youtube) and a good sounding vai satriani type tone and I was wondering if the Digitech RP-90 would be a good thing to get that kind of tone? Also can someone explain the difference between a line 6 pod and a toneport because I dont get what they do. Can the line 6s plug into my amp?

Please help my noobish tone.
get a vai or satriani OD then
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
The RP90 should work i have one and i can use it to replicate pretty much any tone I want.
Quote by stratdud39
well wait wha amp do you have?
and acoustic slayer, does your sn mean you slay acoustic or you play slayer acoustically?????

lolololol
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
you dont need to get an effects pedal to run through a modeling amp. in fact, it probably won't sound too hot either. work with what you have, and then, when you get down the road and buy yourself a tube amp of some sort, then get pedals.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
btw, for clarification.

a pod is meant more for running through headphones or an amp, and the toneport is meant for running through your computer. line 6 explains all of that on their website
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Is the the vypyr 60 a tube amp or solid state i dont get it? it has effects built in witch most dont but it has tubes in it i think.
vypyrs as SS
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Quote by halvies
wrong, amps make up so much more of the tone than pedals, and im sure if you bought a signature OD you would just be buying the name

Not if it's the Satchurator

This guy's using the Jemini + compressor + Marshall tube amp (pretty that's all)
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=GugXmYDp8dI
is toneport able to connect to my amp? or does it just connect to computer and i have to listen to it through speakers
Quote by guitarSKenji12
Is the the vypyr 60 a tube amp or solid state i dont get it? it has effects built in witch most dont but it has tubes in it i think.

dont get a vypyr worst amp i have ever played. EVER EVER!!!!!!!!!
Quote by guitarSKenji12
does it just connect to computer and i have to listen to it through speakers

Yes, just this.
Just b/c an amp is a tube doesn't make it good. Like the other poster said, be prepared to drop money on decent equipment, if you want a decent tone. Go used if you have to. Could pick up a 5150, JCM, DSL, Mesa Nomad, etc for around $650-750.
the closest your going to get to satch's tone the cheap way would be...peavey classic with the satchurator. the classic 30 sounds very simular to the JSX's clean channel which satch only uses with his distortion pedal- the satchurator.