Anyone with a guitar/bass handy play this:

E|----5-3-5--5-3-5
A|-----------3--------5

I know that probably isn't exactly it, but I heard the song on the radio this morning, and I loved it. They didn't say it's name, and I've googled the tab, like 50 times in desperation.

Help UG?

EDIT: Rthym pattern:

Quarter - Eighth - Eighth - half

Time is 4/4
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Carol of the bells? Is there any more info you can give us about the song, like what genre it was?

Edit: want, are you sure your E and A strings are correct there? Most tabs have 'em the other way around...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by Sid McCall
Carol of the bells?

lolno.

I've posted the rthym pattern.

Good song, though.

EDIT: The genre was some sort of Rock/funk thing. Maybe punk? It was one of those three, definately.

moar edit: Other way around, using the same beat pattern? That's definately not the song.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Last edited by V.U.K at Dec 20, 2008,
bump for glory

Come on guys, you can do better!
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Well you have it labeled with the E and A backwards, as opposed to standard tab form. I'm trying to figure out if you meant to put those notes in standard form and just have the string names backwards, or if the strings are just in the wrong order and those are the right notes. That's why I thought it was carol of the bells, because I read the tab as standard form. Following?

edit: don't bump after 7 minutes. In fact, don't bump until your thread is on page 2 or 3.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I've was just messing around with it on my bass and I know I've heard it somewhere. I think it was from a song the early-mid 90s...
That's Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas

Edit: I think. the notes are the same but the rythyms are different than those you posted, we'll see though.
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
Carry on Wayward Son maybe?

EDIT: Beaten to the punch...
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
If it gets rid of confusion, the notes are:

5 3 5 5 3 5
6th String: A G A A G A
5th string: C D
3 5

Hope that clears some confusion. I haven't used tabs in a long time, so that's probably why you misunderstood, sorry.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

wow really guys? cmon...
carry on my wayward son by kansas. first riff after singing.

EDIT: wow beaten to it twice XD. good thing i was getting worried...
Quote by Your_Dad
That's Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas

YES! Thank you!
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.