Hey there everyone,
I was wondering if anyone around here had a pet hedgehog. My friend mentioned to me that I should get one since I can't have other pets like a dog or guinea pig(since everyone else in my family besides me is allergic to their fur).

I'm just curious as to how easy, expensive, and time consuming a hedgehog would be. Apparently, hedgehogs are quite popular as pets in the eastern half of the world, but not as much in North America.

Help is much a appreciated.

Thanks all.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
or an alternative. a FERRET!
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
My sister keeps telling me to get one and name it Sonic. Which i totally would, but i'd rather get a guinea pig.

As far as i know i'd say they're pretty easy to take care of but i'm not entirely sure. They're incredibly cute though.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Quote by xaviergray
WEIRDEST COINCIDENCE EVER

I just swallowed it.

Now I'm scared

^^ I'm mature!
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
I'm assuming it would take the same or less time and effort as it would with a regular pet.

And don't name it Sonic. Name it Cecil
Well I did have a pet hedgehog once, he got away, the son of a bitch was faster than the speed of sound. He was also blue, tell me if you see him.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
They're common pets? I wouldn't have thought so but fair dos.

Stick insects or some sort of reptile will be easily manageable. I could have stick insects but I think I'd bee too afraid of them to handle them, and it's important so...
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I want one sooooooooooo badly. I have an adorable stuffed hedgehog I can't sleep without. Plus I am an avid Sonic fan.

If you get one, make sure to post lots of pictures =]
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I heard that hedgehogs don't really smell, unlike guinea pigs. But yeah, hedgehogs are damn cute, haha.
Equipment:

Quote by Ignite

They're so freaking cute. You have to get one.

did the one on the right loose its foot?
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
I was under the impression that they roamed as a pet skunk does. I'm a little disappointed that they have cages.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
Quote by Ignite

They're so freaking cute. You have to get one.

awww, look at that tiny little penis on the left one!

Am I the only one who noticed that???

Quote by imdeth
I'm assuming it would take the same or less time and effort as it would with a regular pet.

And don't name it Sonic. Name it Cecil

Cecil is a ferret's name.

Get a skunk.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
I kinda want something small that I can keep in my own room since the rest of my family probably won't want to take care of it, lol.
Equipment:

I had a pair for awhile. They are really fun. They are sweet animals that are fun to play with once you learn how to hold them safely.

I would still have them but my mom put their cage outside (with them in it) while I was out because she thought they would like the fresh air. Well, the damn stray cats got into their cage somehow...

Just keep them inside. They are about the same maintainence as a hampster. They are very affectionate.

I plan on getting more soon.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Well in that case, I don't know if any caged animal is good because their cages end up smelling horrible regardless of how often they're cleaned. It sucks to have it in your room stinky.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
Amazingly awesome pet.

Get one. I did, and he was the best pet ever. R.I.P. Sony
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic