I'm looking at buying a Line 6 spider 3 120 watt guitar amp? does any one have any experience with these or any advice or suggestions? (it costs almost $900 AUD and I cant go any higher than this)

Thanks
i dunno what AUD is equal to in CAD, but from what ive heard here on UG, generally stay away from line 6. some people will say its great, many others will say OMFG NO!!!
so i dunno what u play, or if ur looking at a 2 12 or a head, but peaveys are a very good amp, reliable and pretty good sounding, you can get into some inexpensive peaveys tube amps for under 1000 for sure. like 600 for a 2 12 peavey valveking for example.

EDIT: see? above two posts are exactly what im talking about :P
Quote by RIP_bonham
i dunno what AUD is equal to in CAD, but from what ive heard here on UG, generally stay away from line 6. some people will say its great, many others will say OMFG NO!!!
so i dunno what u play, or if ur looking at a 2 12 or a head, but peaveys are a very good amp, reliable and pretty good sounding, you can get into some inexpensive peaveys tube amps for under 1000 for sure. like 600 for a 2 12 peavey valveking for example.

EDIT: see? above two posts are exactly what im talking about :P

Thanks for the advice... but I was actually at a friends the other day... I have a 15watt peavey, he has a 15watt line 6 and the line6 sounded waaay better and my other friend that was there has a 110Watt marshall and the line6 sounded almost as good, so I'm guessing a 120watt spider 3 would sound even more awesome
most people that say line 6's suck are just saying what everyone else says and hopping on the bandwagon and probably never played one. I had a peavy 75w, didnt like it, switched it for a line 6, couldnt be happier.
the spider 3 sounds way too digital, and it seems like any guitar you'll play through it will sound more or less the same
if you wants loads of effects and stuff, i suggest you look at the vox valvetronix series, sounds way better and if i remember correctly the price is quite similar... i know i saved my friend once by telling him to get a valvetronix and he thanked me later.

well of course in the end it's up to personnal preference, if you like the tones you get with the spider, go on! after all I was happy when I had a 100 watts marshall MG, it's just that for the same price you can get quite a better amp.
The 15 watt peavey is a low end practice amp. The 15 watt line 6 is a low end practice amp. The 100 watt marshall is probbly an MG, which is an oversize overpriced practice amp.

With your budget you can do MUCH better. What genres do you play?

EDIT: Many people here are on the bandwagon, but I owned a 30 watt Spider III. It was hell. There are great line 6 amps out there, but that's not one of them.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by stradivari310
The 15 watt peavey is a low end practice amp. The 15 watt line 6 is a low end practice amp. The 100 watt marshall is probbly an MG, which is an oversize overpriced practice amp.

With your budget you can do MUCH better. What genres do you play?

Metal (basically all type except stuff like nu-metal)... and hard rock.