I just got an acoustic amp for christmas (early present). Its like.. 30 watts , and my old amp is only 15. So its much louder and cleaner. So would it be okay to use that with my electric ?
no
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I'd assume that the acoustic amp/speakers won't be able to handle distortion very well (if you're using a dist. pedal), but I could be wrong.
YES, its totally fine, you just won't be able yo get any amp distortion. My buddy runs a digitech rp350 with his acoustic amp and it sounds fine and it doesn't ruin the amp.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Yeh it works, another guitarist I used to jam with done the same as lpj273s buddy. It actually sounds ok.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
It'll work. Your electric guitar won't sound like what we have come to expect electric guitars to sound like but that isn't always a bad thing. Play around with it and see what you think.
Not taking any online orders.
The problem is that acoustic amps have too much high end(>5khz), which has never been a part of the elecrtic guitar sound and will sound weird, and BAD with distortion
It shouldn't do any damage, but i've seen someone do this and it certainly doesn't sound very good...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by 1337void
The problem is that acoustic amps have too much high end(>5khz), which has never been a part of the elecrtic guitar sound and will sound weird, and BAD with distortion

This, pretty much. It will WORK, yes, but it won't sound good. That's because acoustic amps are specifically designed for the frequencies that acoustics produce, and that's not the same for electrics.
it nay not sound good at first but with proper EQing it will sound better
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I know someone who was running his Fender through a little 15 watt Acoustic amp and it sounded fine, no distortion pedals, just guitar--->amp.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.