hey GG&A

by june i will have about $ 2000 usd and im trying to buy a new amp and guitar and i think ill buy a schecter damien fr so its -450 in my budget (you could suggest me a better guitar)
so i need suggestion on an amp my budget will be at least $1550 usd so what amp should suit my playing styles i play 80's thrash metal , metalcore (BMFV, trivium) hard rock (ac/dc) and some classic rock and emo but mostly metalcore.
i could also go used
and you could also suggest me a cab (new or used)

thx for the help
ill check your suggestions tomorrow morning
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Dec 21, 2008,
used mesa mark IV combo...or head and a cheap 212 cab...should work well, see what others have to say
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
anymore suggestions???
feel free to add me
bump
feel free to add me
bump
feel free to add me
I don't know how much they are, But a new (or used) Marshall JCM 800 should do fine.

Or an Orange Rockerverb 50, but I'm almost sure they're more expensive.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by MoonageDaydream
Or an Orange Rockerverb 50, but I'm almost sure they're more expensive.

+1, they are right around $2000
Screw Guitar. With a Rockerverb, you could make a Squier sound better than a Schecter.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Highwaytohell
Used Splawn Quickrod or Competition

if he mainly plays metalcore would the nitro not be better? no idea, i haven't tried any splawns, just going by what i've heard.

soldano, vht, bogner, etc. etc. would be worth a look too. at a $2k budget, you have a ton of options, it's just a matter of trying as many things as you can to see which you prefer...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well first of all go for a higher end Schecter (maybe a Blackjack ATX FR?)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
hmmm, maybe you could get a 6505/5150. it wont do well in the classic rock department, but you could use your little giant for that. or you could get a XXX. a used JCM800/900 would be good, or a used ENGL. i dont know anything about the different ENGL's though, so...
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Elmwood
/thread

but I don't know what the price is for those in you area. Here it's 2500$ used. S they are probably a bit expensive..