Page 1 of 2
Ok, chill, the title's just an expression, but its very related to the subject.

Ladies and gentlemen of the pit, tomorrow I'm going to meet my girlfriend's parents. Now normally I dont have a problem with this, in fact I was the one that suggested it, but I'm thinking maybe I'm a bit over my head in this case.

Her mother's fine, her uncle, aunt and her cousins who are there visiting are fine...but her father's a fat racist redneck.

My girlfriend told me tonight that basically they're gonna ask me a million questions, be slightly nice to me, crack some jokes at me and then her father's gonna blow up once I leave....just because I'm hispanic.

Ladies and gentlemen there is nothing I hate more than knowing I'm not gonna be well liked at the place I'm going to. I absolutely CANNOT, stand to be around people who I know are fake and are going to have a different attitude once I'm gone, but I think I have some good things that may help ease the race issue. Now I have a job, I still live with my parents, I'm getting into college next fall and I know what I'm gonna study, and I'm clean in pretty much every way possible and her dad and I have a lot of things in common believe it or not.

So Pit, how do I cope with this?

I know I can't exactly change it, but how can I bare through it? She told me to just be myself but I'm still a little doubtful...I've met different girl's parents before but I've never been in a situation like this.

tl;dr: I NEED HELP TO COPE WITH GIRLFRIEND'S RACIST FATHER.
Call him a fat racist redneck if he steps out of line.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Be the nicest guy you can be, otherwise you're ****ed.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Tell them you are rich and that you are studying to become a doctor.

To really impress upon them your intelligence, give Pit resposes to all of their questions.
XIAOXI
kill him.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
You could wear a deer's head, and have a beer in your hand when you walk in. He'll appreciate that i'm sure.

Also, just kiss ass...Exactly. Yeah, you nailed it, kudo's to you. Don't worry about it, ignorance will always be around. As long as the girl's not ignorant you should be fine.
wear a jeff gordon shirt
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Act as stereotypically Hispanic as possible.
Wait...
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Quote by silent caution
wear a jeff gordon shirt

actually h's hated by most rednecks, why? because he was Eanrhard sr appretnice, wins race3s and is respectful to people
if anything wear a Dale Earnhard Sr. shirt
Drugs, rape, fap, Do a barrel, Falcon Punch searchbar, other generic Pit answer.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Eric 666

think about it, you suggested it and you are doing it for your girlfriend, for me... that's enough to deal with it
*reads title and clicks on thread excitedly*
*reads first sentence*
*leaves, disappointed*
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Nothing much that you can do honestly. Tell your girlfriend that you aren't comfortable with racism, and that you shouldn't have to deal with it. Which you shouldn't. Try your best to warm over her father, but I wouldn't expect any dramatic changes of heart.

After you two have been dating for a while, it should be okay to come clean with the father about your feelings towards his racism.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
He's a fat, racist redneck?
Uhh...
Rock up to his house in a Ford F250, with a bloodhound, a shotgun and a mullet, ask him what his favourite Skynyrd track is, and talk to him about having sex with relatives.

Or, just be as nice as you can, and try and prove to him that you're just as "good" as he is, if you get me.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by Bushinarin
Nothing much that you can do honestly. Tell your girlfriend that you aren't comfortable with racism, and that you shouldn't have to deal with it. Which you shouldn't. Try your best to warm over her father, but I wouldn't expect any dramatic changes of heart.

After you two have been dating for a while, it should be okay to come clean with the father about your feelings towards his racism.

I told her I wasn't comfortable, not to mention according to her if he really doesn't like me he'll tell me I have 10 seconds to leave the property or he'll bring his chainsaw out, there is a good chance though that her dad will chill out and let her out more since I'm willingly going out there to see her and meet her parents...this according to her though.
Quote by Eric 666
Ok, chill, the title's just an expression, but its very related to the subject.

Ladies and gentlemen of the pit, tomorrow I'm going to meet my girlfriend's parents. Now normally I dont have a problem with this, in fact I was the one that suggested it, but I'm thinking maybe I'm a bit over my head in this case.

Her mother's fine, her uncle, aunt and her cousins who are there visiting are fine...but her father's a fat racist redneck.

My girlfriend told me tonight that basically they're gonna ask me a million questions, be slightly nice to me, crack some jokes at me and then her father's gonna blow up once I leave....just because I'm hispanic.

Ladies and gentlemen there is nothing I hate more than knowing I'm not gonna be well liked at the place I'm going to. I absolutely CANNOT, stand to be around people who I know are fake and are going to have a different attitude once I'm gone, but I think I have some good things that may help ease the race issue. Now I have a job, I still live with my parents, I'm getting into college next fall and I know what I'm gonna study, and I'm clean in pretty much every way possible and her dad and I have a lot of things in common believe it or not.

I know I can't exactly change it, but how can I bare through it? She told me to just be myself but I'm still a little doubtful...I've met different girl's parents before but I've never been in a situation like this.

tl;dr: I NEED HELP TO COPE WITH GIRLFRIEND'S RACIST FATHER.

You are in The Pit. Therefore the highlighted exerpt from your original post is null and void.
Quote by deluxity
think about it, you suggested it and you are doing it for your girlfriend, for me... that's enough to deal with it

Aww this is adorable.

I say just go with it. In the end, at least you tried and didn't show your ass in the whole situation.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
If her parents like you, you will be able to tell, and you'll be fine. If they don't, break up, because her dad is always going to be picking at her because of you, and it won't work out in the end, because he will have the power to convince her to stray away from you, because he has known her her whole life. Good luck friend .
High as tits
dile que vaya y chinge a su madre!

....works everytime

in all seriousness just show him up. let him know that you are smart capable, and genuinely a good guy. show him that you are not a stereotypical vato loco. i'm sure he'll loosen up when he sees that you can hold an intelligent conversation without going like:

"nah! for realz homes?, got me straight trippin cuz" or **** like that
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Dec 21, 2008,
im in the same boat.

my gf's family is all spanish.

and i just know every time i leave, they talk trash about my white ass. haha

hopefully after a year and 4 months they have gotten over it though.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Just give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Forget everything she told you about him and treat him as you would anyone else.

It's up to him what he says behind your back.

Just don't give him any reason to think he's right.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by sneyob
Just give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Forget everything she told you about him and treat him as you would anyone else.

It's up to him what he says behind your back.

Just don't give him any reason to think he's right.

I know, I'm gonna go ahead and be as respectful as possible, honestly even with all that she said, what's really the worst that can happen you know?
try being black. lol seriously though, just get over it. im sure some fathers do the same thing to anyone that dates their daughter regardless of their race.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
go wearing a kkk hood and show your hatred for other races as well......or just be your self and maybe make him realise that not all hispanics and latinos are drug dealing, Daddy Yankee looking stereotypes.
My Gear

Fender 2006 Highway 1 Stratocaster with SD Hot rails on Bridge
ESP LTD F-104 Bass
Roland Cube 30
Boss 0D 20 Overdrive/Distortion Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Quote by Eric 666
I know, I'm gonna go ahead and be as respectful as possible, honestly even with all that she said, what's really the worst that can happen you know?

um.....he shoots you.

assuming that wasn't rhetorical of course.

but seriously, you answered your own question. all I have to say is that if you treat his daughter with the highest respect, you will earn a bit of respect yourself.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Abunai X
Tell them you are rich and that you are studying to become a doctor.

To really impress upon them your intelligence, give Pit resposes to all of their questions.

this and maybe not take any of it to heart, there family its just of family to give the noob a hard time, why? who the hell knows, shrug it off and if the girls special enough it wont matter. its not the family your after
Page 1 of 2