Im really sorry if this is wrong forum...

I was playing my bass and all of a sudden my strap hook just fell out. It has been loose for a while but i would just screw it back in, thinking my strap was just slowly twisting out the screw. Now the screw is extremely loose in the body, to the point were it just wggles out instantly and I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be very appreciated. Please!
-edit-

can I put some super/gorrilla glue on the screw and screw it back in or do I have to actually buy a hook with a bigger screw?

and note that its not a strap lock, it came with the guitar and its just the basic strap holder.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Put matchsticks with glue on them in there. As many as you need to still have a small hole. Then snap the ends off when the glue dries and put the strap button back in.
Quote by littlephil
Put matchsticks with glue on them in there. As many as you need to still have a small hole. Then snap the ends off when the glue dries and put the strap button back in.

So cover the tips in glue and then set them into the bottom of the hole?
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Toothpicks work too I hear.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
that and making it smooth can help too when you initially screw it back in. Like make sure there is as much wood in there as possible.
I think this happens to, like every single guitar ever made at some point - you'd think the companies would have some Idea how to prevent it...

I used to sort this by shoplifting a woodscrew from B & Q (with a slightly wider girth) filling the hole with super glue and screwing the new screw in by force - the toothpick method sounds so much easier and less permanently damaging haha. although my screw hasn't came out since...
Last edited by jimRH7 at Dec 21, 2008,