When you come into the metal forum, what do you usually see? The long threads that are always there. Your Iron Maidens, your Black Sabbaths, your Metallicas, your Megadeths. But one of the greatest heavy metal bands ever rarely shows up and rarely reaches past a few pages.

That band is Motorhead. You have Philthy Animal, who's up their with the best drummers. Fast Eddie Clarke and Lemmy..... Nuff said.

Motorhead is the best. They made the best live album of all time. And the first 8 full lengths are timeless classics to say the least.

Worship them. And help this thread get more posts than Opeth.
lol

I can't agree with you due to the fact that I think their music all sounds the same. They are good, but just too... idk... boring? Unoriginal?
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Last edited by metalisbest at Dec 21, 2008,
Quote by metal Lover
When you come into the metal forum, what do you usually see? The long threads that are always there. Your Iron Maidens, your Black Sabbaths, your Metallicas, your Megadeths. But one of the greatest heavy metal bands ever rarely shows up and rarely reaches past a few pages.

That band is Motorhead. You have Philthy Animal, who's up their with the best drummers. Fast Eddie Clarke and Lemmy..... Nuff said.

Motorhead is the best. They made the best live album of all time. And the first 8 full lengths are timeless classics to say the least.

umm...i wouldn't be so sure..
Call me Jack
Quote by metal Lover

Of course that includes every thread that has been locked in the past due to spam and such.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by srv_king
umm...i wouldn't be so sure..

They're better than every band in your Favorite Bands list, except for maybe Black Sabbath.
Philthy Animal isn't even in Motorhead anymore, neither is Clarke.

but motorhead is still bad ass, seen 'em twice.
Quote by doomtroop
Philthy Animal isn't even in Motorhead anymore, neither is Clarke.

but motorhead is still bad ass, seen 'em twice.

I know, but that is the classic lineup.
^ insideac obviously got lost on the way to 'wimpy fag' (modern rock) forum

metal Lover, good idea but has to be said that this is not the first thread that someone who wants to discuss motorhead is going to click on
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk

metal Lover, good idea but has to be said that this is not the first thread that someone who wants to discuss motorhead is going to click on

He makes a good point, I was a little hesitant at first because I was expecting this to be another December 08'er posting about how I don't listen to enough underground black/war/fukk metal, or because I'm too elitist because I don't listen to enough mainstream bands...

It should also be noted that the Black Sabbath thread is nothing compared to the other threads you mentioned in the OP, the size of it is actually quite small. The only people who posted in it back when it was alive were Darkstar and then a few others, myself included. It is a bit of a travesty, but that's how it is I suppose.

On topic: I heard Motorhead was awesome on the Metal Masters tour, was anyone there to see them?
Quote by MHDrunk

Are you saying im a wimpy fag?
you'd have to be to not like lemmy's moustache
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Quote by MHDrunk
you'd have to be to not like lemmy's moustache

I like uh.... Hetfields mustache! lmfao.

Any good songs to check out by these guys? (Motorhead, not metallica)
Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers
On Parole
Overkill
Stay Clean
I Won't Pay Your Price
Capricorn
No Class
Damage Case
All the Aces
Lawman
Stone Dead Forever
Bomber

Going to see Motorhead in March, can't wait to be honest. They're not one of my favorite bands, but I've got to hand it to them: Thrash/Speed wouldn't be the same without Motorhead.

Also, "If you squeeze my lizard
I'll put my snake on you"

The best two lines ever uttered in the history of words.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Lemmy is probably the coolest mutha ever. Incredible band, and true pioneers of everything awesome.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I too am surprised at the lack of attention to these guys.

NEver ending party stuff ere.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one