I need to make a choice for what to get I'd like some advice.
At the moment I have a ESP LTD F-50 guitar. Haven't upgraded it at all. I'm using a Crate Acoustic amp my family uses every often. I play Metal for the most part and it's a pain to play on an acoustic amp.

I found a deal for a LTD M-100 FM for $150. It has a Floyd Rose Licensed and Humbuckers. Especially interested in the Floyd Rose for the price tag on it.
I'm on a 150 budget so if I get that, I won't be getting anything else.

I have no distortion on my amp though so I'm debating whether I get a distortion pedal or a new amp. My friend recently got a Line 6 Spider III and the effects on it are pretty good. For the distortion pedal I'm thinking of Digitech Grunge pedal and mabye a Wah pedal with it since I'll have some money left.
What's smarter, the Spider III or a distortion pedal to make up for the lack of distortion on my acoustic amp?

I also found a EMG HZ4 and HZ3 for $60. Is it possible to install these in my F-50? Is it worth it?

...and on a bigger note. Should I take advantage of this deal on the M-100, or get rid of my lack of distortion problem?

Sorry that was so long and confusing but I don't have much experience (only played 4 months now) and I'm having a hard time deciding. I really appreciate any help.
save more money, nothing is going to be very good for $150 except a pedal but i still wouldn't use that with the acoustic amp
I own a Spider III, it will solve your amp problem until you have enough money to buy a proper one. I would take care of the distortion with a new amp before you start running **** through that acoustic one.
Gear
American Deluxe Stratocaster
Deluxe Reverb Reissue
dont get the 100 - go for at least the 200 which has the set neck vs bolt on and agathis vs. basswood - plus better pickups

and yeah you can put those emg's in your f50 if you want - but on a mediocre amp it wont matter. avoid the line 6 if you can too, go for a small tube combo if you can with a pedal you'll be happier

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Get the new amp first as it will improve your sound more than a new guitar imo
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Another question...
I tried out my friends ZOOM G2 multi effects on my amp a few days back.
It sounded ok but I can't be sure since I can't compare with anything else. Are individual distortion pedals really better than multi effects distortion?
Quote by WarRok
Another question...
I tried out my friends ZOOM G2 multi effects on my amp a few days back.
It sounded ok but I can't be sure since I can't compare with anything else. Are individual distortion pedals really better than multi effects distortion?

I personally think distortion should come from a pushed amp,every processor and pedal I've used in the past sounded way too digital and "fake" to me I guess.I run an EQ pedal in front of my overdrive channel to push it and get the distortion I use.The first thing I would do if I were you would be picking up a new amp.If you want good volume and distortion for a cheap price you should look at the Ibanez TBX series,their largest combo which is 150 watts is only 380 dollars so it's worth looking at.You could also look around for used gear since you can often net an amp well out of your price range if you're willing to overlook some cosmetic issues or a couple quick fixes.If you want to go for a tube amp brands like Blackheart and Crate make affordable small tube amps and then there's the fender super champ XD which is a 300 dollar tube amp with different voices and effects built in,but I'm not sure how well it would pull off heavier distortion.

EDIT: Here's a link to the TBX series amps
http://

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Dec 21, 2008,
Go for a peavey vyper
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
A good amp setting should get you a dist. like sound.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Kustom-12-Gauge-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier-480835-i1172520.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Cube-20X-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier-487031-i1169243.gc

In the name of god, ANYTHING BUT A SPIDER PLEASEEE. You could also try and search for used amps OR you can install invaders in your guitar, they sound pretty distorted out of the box :3
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P