Ok, i was playin a lil before i had to leave for a wedding receptiont to kill time, haha, and i put amp on standby got distracted, then totally forgot i left it on til bout 7 hours later. I havent really played it, since its late here, just wondering if anyones ever done this and if it broke anything. I JUST had all new tubes put in this (5150) about a month ago, so i hope not. Dee-da-dee.
I've left my 6505+ on standby for days at a time with no problems, it just wears out the tubes faster
ohai little sig.
It just takes some life out of your tubes. Which isn't too big of a problem. You probably didn't lose much.

But if your amp gets really hot, having it on for a long time can be bad for it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
It just takes some life out of your tubes. Which isn't too big of a problem. You probably didn't lose much.

But if your amp gets really hot, having it on for a long time can be bad for it.

+1, I don't know how much heat is put out by the 5150 on standby, but it can damage the insides if the temperature is too high.
Yea first thing i did when i realized i left it on, was checked how hot the surface areas aroun the tubes, and also how much heat was radiating off the tubes themselves, they didnt look nor feel very hot at all, lol thanks!
It'll be fine, I've done the same thing with the same amp. It's really stupid but it should survive.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Yeah, the 5150 must not get too hot.
Now, if I were to leave my GA5 on for a day (with the volume on zero, I don't have a standby on it), i'm sure something bad would happen. That thing gets quite hot.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Luckily the 5150 runs its tubes pretty cold.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not