Page 1 of 2
Bought a Fender Frontman 212R, its great i love it.
Father is making me take it back because it does not have a Headphone jack. is there anyway i can get headphones in it somewhere?
Quote by Old Man Wrinkle
Bought a Fender Frontman 212R, its great i love it.
Father is making me take it back because it does not have a Headphone jack. is there anyway i can get headphones in it somewhere?

that's weird, as mine has a headphone jack....

how many watts is it if you know?
Quote by Clownocaster#1
that's weird, as mine has a headphone jack....

how many watts is it if you know?

an FM212R is 100watts i think
Well there's no way you're getting headphones in there, but you're better off with a different amp to be totally honest. I can't think of a much better amp that has a headphone jack, but whatever. I am confused, though- my friend's FM212 has a headphone jack.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Oh, you have the new one. Don't try this until someone backs me up on it, but I think the pre-out jack can be used for headphones.

Also, if you want to use headphones and keep your new amp, just get a Vox Amplug for times when your dad wants you to use headphones.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
will it do any damage to the amp, or the sound quality (apart from it being headphoned of course)

Thanks so much for the quick and helpful responses guys
Only if that's the wrong hole. The adapter will do absolutely no damage, whoever told you that is stupid.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Old Man Wrinkle
k so an adapter in the Pre out, should do it.
will tell him and pick one up tommorow thanks alot.

dude, you should thank your dad he's making you take it back. just because it has 65w+ and 2 12" speakers with the Fender logo does not mean it's a quality amp. you are better off with a peavey vyper. i just wanna save you the trouble, but i'm not gonna be a dick about it. if you are happy with it, well then congrats
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by Old Man Wrinkle
it got really really good reviews on this site.

don't ever trust reviews you get on a store website. i'm willing to bet that most of those people don't know squat about amps. right now this forum is really slow but be thankful. alot of people would've been coming in here flaming you left and right for getting a frontman 212.

i for one am not that kind of guy. like i said before, if you really like it, keep it. but i personally strongly recommend otherwise
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
reliability issues, terrible tone. i know you probably think it sounds fine but as you progress, your ear will develop and you'll notice how crappy it sounds. especially the distortion.

i tried one about a week ago at guitarcenter just for the hell of it. then i remember why i chose something else. the eq was practically useless, and it was excessively bright with horrible treble spikes. and the distortion was just...

EDIT: i noticed it's 350 new. with that money you can get a nice modeling amp(vypers, cubes, NOT the spiders though) or a good quality tube amp.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Awful distortion, and the cleans are average at best. Thats whats wrong.

Return it and look into getting a tube combo.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
well im not going to get into an arguement, but fender amps are not really for their distortion, i respect your point of few as you are a more experienced guitarist but i reserve the right to differ
Quote by Old Man Wrinkle
well im not going to get into an arguement, but fender amps are not really for their distortion, i respect your point of few as you are a more experienced guitarist but i reserve the right to differ

The cleans aren't that great either. Try playing some other amps, even ones out of your price range just so you can develop a good ear for tone. I'd be willing to wager you haven't played many tube amps if any. Just trust me, go play a tube amp you'll notice the difference

Look into a Peavey Classic 30, seems like your kind of amp.
The B-52 Bombers Group!

Quote by nashawa
Quote by Old Man Wrinkle

like i said before, i would strongly suggest you reconsider but ultimately if you are happy with it then there's nothing we can do to stop you from keeping it. your money, your choice.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by The Charm
\

Look into a Peavey Classic 30, seems like your kind of amp.

this.
+1
definately
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by Old Man Wrinkle

Fender solid state amps aren't really treasured for their cleans, as the SS Fenders are not indicative of the Fender clean.
Quote by Old Man Wrinkle
lol now im being ganged up on!?

We're not ganging up on you we just want you to have an amazing tone
The B-52 Bombers Group!

Quote by nashawa
i originally got the amp on special, and it is my first real amplifier. im playing a standard telecaster
Quote by Old Man Wrinkle
i originally got the amp on special, and it is my first real amplifier. im playing a standard telecaster

How much did you spend on it?
The B-52 Bombers Group!

Quote by nashawa
Quote by Old Man Wrinkle
lol now im being ganged up on!?
i will consider taking it back. thanks for the advice

with a username like that...............
Quote by Old Man Wrinkle
530$, but thats australian currency not US

So whats that? 400$ USD?

Like i said, look into a Peavey Classic 30, or you could also try a B-52 AT series. I own a B-52 AT and its very versatile, goes from classic rock to metal with some nice cleans. Both those should be in your price range but I can't say for sure if you live in AUS.
The B-52 Bombers Group!

Quote by nashawa
$530aus is about $360 so it sounds about right
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by forsaknazrael
^It doesn't work that way, gear prices in Australia are really jacked up. I think a Valveking costs like 1000 AU?

That blows
The B-52 Bombers Group!

Quote by nashawa
Quote by forsaknazrael
^It doesn't work that way, gear prices in Australia are really jacked up. I think a Valveking costs like 1000 AU?

damn that sucks
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
our prices are a little shifty. this was a really good deal at the time, but the store i bought it from is very far away . the distortion is not all that bad
Quote by Old Man Wrinkle
our prices are a little shifty. this was a really good deal at the time, but the store i bought it from is very far away . the distortion is not all that bad

I thought that untill I got my B-52. Long story short I haven't plugged in my Fender FM since.

Ok, so I lied, I had to play it jammin with the singer and other guitarist from my band cause my B-52 was at the practice space at the time and we were at the singers house. But I hated every minute of it.
The B-52 Bombers Group!

Quote by nashawa
Quote by Old Man Wrinkle
so nobody had anything good to say about my amp

Just try something else, I promise you its worth it.

My B-52 is just so creamy...
The B-52 Bombers Group!

Quote by nashawa
why do you recomend tube amps that DONT have headphone outs ? When he cant have this bad amp because it doesnt have any.
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard