In school presentations, singing in front of friends or whatever that gets attention, I always have some problem.. My voice gets shaky and I can't seem to control it. Any help please?
Imagine them naked
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852
Imagine them naked

Great advice.

Not only does he have to sing in front of the class, he now has to contend with the fact that he has a raging boner.
Get naked so the audience doesn't focus on how shaky your voice is.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Quote by 1337guitarplayr
In school presentations, singing in front of friends or whatever that gets attention, I always have some problem.. My voice gets shaky and I can't seem to control it. Any help please?

Same problem here....only I get physical shakes that i can't control

It sucks....
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Quote by Doppelgänger
Great advice.

Not only does he have to sing in front of the class, he now has to contend with the fact that he has a raging boner.

Exactly, The blood rushing down to his penis will make him light-headed and less caring and then, all the girls will laugh at his tiny penis! It's win-win!

no, i did not suggest ts has a large penis, you made that connection
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
haha I never really got the Imagine them naked thing...I would just start laughing...But I get really nervous as well when I do things like that...Jog in place?

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Look slightly above everyone's heads, that way it will look like you look at them but you don't, and it probably doesn't make you as nervous.
Truly honestly theirs no need to be nervious if your voice is shaky just think of it as an added Vibrato to your voice. If you think your voice is crap just think you could always strip naked and run down the halls screaming like a prepubesent child "the teacher tried to touch me the teacher tried to touch me". That would get someones attention primarly the princeples.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
practise makes perfect, the more you have to speak in front of large groups of people, the more confident youll get, also the thing about looking slightly over their heads is good, cos it makes you look confident, but you wont be looking at peoples reactions so you can continue as normal.

once upon a time i was very nervous every time i had to do something like that, but i guess i just got more outgoing and more used to speaking in front of a whole lotta people, i didnt have any specific practise, just gotta learn to be confident that you wont stuff up, dont take it so seriously, and just try and be relaxed and speak slowly
nothing.
Focus on the music! I always fell into the trap of letting thinking into my performance... big no-no. Or, if you're doing a speech, focus on the words and the message.

Think only of what you want to give to the audience. Once it's over you'll be thrilled eh! So use the opportunity to show people what you're about
I say "high" to my good fiend Marry Jane, then I go out there and own that ****. Just relax, and all shall flow like it should...
i had something similar a while ago but i got over it by sort of distancing my self from my normal self during the presentations. i'd do things like borrow other people's jackets or hats and wear them while presenting.

it made it look like i was wearing them to be funny but at the same time it made the whole situation seem less serious and thus there was less pressure on me. at the same time it also made me feel less like it was actually me making a fool of my self if i messed up.

all in all i think it's do what ever you can to take it a little less seriously and don't worry if you mess up. that's about it. gradually confidence will come naturally if you think confidently.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Quote by Unherolike
Truly honestly theirs no need to be nervious if your voice is shaky just think of it as an added Vibrato to your voice. If you think your voice is crap just think you could always strip naked and run down the halls screaming like a prepubesent child "the teacher tried to touch me the teacher tried to touch me". That would get someones attention primarly the princeples.

I died a little inside.
Quote by soulflyV
I died a little inside.

The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Imagine everyone's naked.
If that doenst work, imagine yourself naked.
If all fails, get naked.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by koikomoru
I say "high" to my good fiend Marry Jane, then I go out there and own that ****. Just relax, and all shall flow like it should...

LOL... mhmm..

Get drunk. You might look stupid but you wont be nervous! Don't look for a happy medium, you wont find one. Hate to be harsh, but you should always remember that people don't care half a much as you think to do and your problem wont go away until you put in some thought and get over it yourself. You can listen to all the advice you want but self-realisation's the only way any solution will manifest itself
Quote by slayaplaya
NO EYE-CONTACT!

That is my advice...

EDIT:

Damn... I just broke a combo...

Quote by soulflyV

Quote by soulflyV

The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by slayaplaya

The will be heartache,