Good question, I would also like to know.
Someone help!
Some Like It Hot...

Gibson Angus Young Signature SG
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique
Gibson Faded 3 Pickup Flying V
Some Line 6 Amp...

...Some Like It Not Quite So Hot!
if your talking about the fret board then lemon oil can be used on Rosewood but im sure it would be alright to use on Ebony and Maple as long as you dont tip the whole bottle on it.
Quote by hazardforce
if your talking about the fret board then lemon oil can be used on Rosewood but im sure it would be alright to use on Ebony and Maple as long as you dont tip the whole bottle on it.

Cool. Thanks but I need to know for definate before I start putting anything on it. Anyone??
im pretty sure lemon oil is fine i got an ebony fretboard never used lemon oil on it yet cause it dont seem to clog up very back nothing a bit of plectrum scratching wont sort out. Ebony is amazing stays so fresh feeling! And lemon oil on treated maple is bad. But i think its ok on ebony, but wait till someone else comes in. But im 90% sure its ok
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
well it wont hurt to use lemon oil on a ebony fretboard once in a long time that is for rosewood too just dont use it a lot , but do not use lemon oil on maple.
ah i was wondering this, too.

brilliant
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by hazardforce

No, not maple. Do not use it on maple. Ebony and Rosewood is fine though
Quote by The Twig1337
What happens when you use it on maple?
Just curious as to why it's bad.

Welll what happens is... *drops dead*
It could work it's way under the laquer finish on a maple fingerboard (finish is open in fret slots) and ruin the finish. If you've got mung (sweat buildup) on your Ebony fingerboard it can be scraped clean with the edge of a plastic credit card (go with the grain) and then gently cleaned with Naptha and '000' or '0000' steel wool (again with the grain). The you can use the steel wool on top of the frets to buff them out. Lemon Oil, or linseed oil is used to return some moisture to the wood but use sparingly and wipe/buff out excess with a clean cotton cloth. Do not over oil your fingerboard.
Moving on.....
lemon oil is fine on ebony, as far as i'm aware. not ok for maple though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
lemon oil is fine on ebony, as far as i'm aware. not ok for maple though.

This.

I have some dunlop lemon oil, and im sure it says safe for ebony
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page