so im looking for a new guitar, something with a fixed bridge n preferrably emg's. looking online i have found these two which both cost about AU$1400. Obviously im going to try them out but i havent been able to find an esp dealer nearby, so which do you think will be better for metal/hard rock.

ltd ec-500
http://www.bmusic.com.au/prod4900.htm

epi les paul custom midnight
http://www.megasmusic.com.au/prod242.htm
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Also take a look at Schecter guitars, Exceptionally good quality at Low prices.
Metal!!!/COLOR]<br><br>
Gear:
LTD M-200FM
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Boss GE-7
Zoom II Effects Pedal
If metal is want you definetly go with the ESP. I'd play them beforehand though.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by fastfretjazz
Also take a look at Schecter guitars, Exceptionally good quality at Low prices.

I agree: I have a Schecter Damien (with EMG-Hz PUs), and it just kicks @$$ without breaking the piggy bank.
Otherwise, you may want to check out the Epiphone Zakk Wylde Bullseye LP, which has a killer look and EMG's as well, and should fit in your budget (not too sure about the US$ to AU$ exchange rate).
Like other people told you before, try them all. You may like the design of some guitars, but they may sound awful to you...
Rock on! \m/
Last edited by tickler444 at Dec 21, 2008,
schecter but preferably the LTD
the ec-500 is a particularly good example of getting what you pay for, if not more, from a guitar

the only thing that could make possibly better would be an ebony fingerboard but thats my preference
I actually just purchased a LTD EC-500. Very nice guitar to play and the pickups are pretty good especially when you've got 18v running through them instead of the stock 9.
go for the ESP LTD. LTD guitars above the 400 models are great guitars.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Epi man, can't beat em
Epiphone SG w/ EMG 81 - 85 setup
Jackson RR1
line 6 spider 3 15
Line 6 Spider 4 150 2X12 combo
Line 6 FBV EXPRESS Pedal
Peavey Valveking VK100 head ?(TBA)
Yorkville & Rapco patch
Dean Markley Strings
I'd go for the LTD. I like the feel of ESPs more then Epis. Personal preference though.
Quote by leviticus_22953
go for the ESP LTD. LTD guitars above the 400 models are great guitars.

Meh , they used to be better when they were still made in Korea.
I have a H401FM that belongs to a mate of mine in my room, it's a 2008 model and it's made in Indonesia.
and TBH, it shows. The binding isn't perfect ,the volume knob fell of and the intonation was off ( althought that's not a big thing).

I thinkt they're becoming a more hit or miss type of guitar.
Orange Enthousiast.
I'd go wih the Epi, purely because from experience I know I couldn't live with only three controls.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I would go with the epi, but just because of the color
thanks for the responses guys. btw fastfretjazz if you read this could you tell me where you got your esp? i can only find a dealer at the gold coast, havent seen one in brisbane yet.
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
www.megasmusic.com.au
Hey guys.
Product Manager of www.MegasMusic.com.au HERE
Obviously We would recommend the Epiphone Custom Midnight because it is both beautiful and plays better than any ESP could ever. You can shred any heavy metal lick but limit it back and play your blues.
Also this guitar was just a few weeks back $1199 on special but due to the weak Aust. dollar is has gone up.

www.MegasMusic.com.au/prod242.htm
Attachments:
Megas Front web logo.JPG
Quote by TTC
Meh , they used to be better when they were still made in Korea.
I have a H401FM that belongs to a mate of mine in my room, it's a 2008 model and it's made in Indonesia.
and TBH, it shows. The binding isn't perfect ,the volume knob fell of and the intonation was off ( althought that's not a big thing).

I thinkt they're becoming a more hit or miss type of guitar.

When did they move production to Indonesia?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The LTD EC-500 is tons of guitar for the money. And ESP/LTD are very good in general, really like 'em. I'd go with that.
Quote by aznrockerdude
When did they move production to Indonesia?

all ltd standard are Indonesia if im not mistaken the esp are Korea. and esp have nice necks for metal and shredding the any epiphone if u were to ask me but go find em and try em
Quote by JessyB96
all ltd standard are Indonesia if im not mistaken the esp are Korea. and esp have nice necks for metal and shredding the any epiphone if u were to ask me but go find em and try em

I don't think so. ESPs (as far as I know) will always be built in Japan.

When did they move production? I never heard of LTDs being made in Indonesia until now...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
I don't think so. ESPs (as far as I know) will always be built in Japan.

When did they move production? I never heard of LTDs being made in Indonesia until now...
Some ESP models are made in America too. Additionally in the 80's American Kramer guitars were made by ESP Of America.

As far as Indonesia goes, the low-end LTDs (e.g. the ones using agathis and some of the basswood ones) are made there, but most are Chinese-made or Korean-made.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Some ESP models are made in America too. Additionally in the 80's American Kramer guitars were made by ESP Of America.

As far as Indonesia goes, the low-end LTDs (e.g. the ones using agathis and some of the basswood ones) are made there, but most are Chinese-made or Korean-made.

Oh, I thought you guys were including the 400 and up series on the MII/MIC list.
btw, which ESPs are made in America?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Here's some proof of the indonesian H401FM.

Orange Enthousiast.
ESP-LTD and Epiphone Indonesian made? $150-$250 only
Last edited by onyonk at Jan 6, 2009,
Considering the fact that the LTD costs almost half of the Epiphone, I'd recommend the LTD and a few other upgrades like a new stomp or amp setup. I really like Epiphone's higher model guitars, but an EC-500 is sick.
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
There are plenty of ESP dealers down here in Canberra.

Anyway, as much as I love Epiphone... I advise you to check out an ESP/LTD. They're great guitars, especially with such a low price.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.