Hi guys atm i'm looking around for a new guitar i've been playing for 3 years and abit and im in desperate need for a new guitar. The music i play is blues and indie/alt bands like the pixies, The smiths, Blur, Radiohead, sonic youth,B.B King.............etc. i was thinking of getting a Fender Special Edition Lite Ash Telecaster Natural Birdseye/Maple link: http://www.dawsons.co.uk/acatalog/fender_special_edition_lite_ash_telecaster_natural_birdseye_maple.html
but im not sure if its a good tele or not cause its quite cheap and i have a budget of £550.

EDIT: i need a strong guitar because i play my guitar quite roughly sometimes
Last edited by penis rash at Dec 21, 2008,
Hell, I'd play the **** outta that thing! I love birds-eye maple necks! Just beautiful!

But, I really suggest that you NEVER buy a new guitar. I would check Craigslist and Ebay for a 90's Fender. Thats what I did and I have the best feeling Fender I have ever played! It's worn in, but not worn out if you get what I mean. Plus buying used saves a bunch of money. I will never buy another new guitar!
Washburn X50 Pro
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
If you can find fuji-gen made non-export fender they are excellent.

You could get a USA second hand for that much!
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
I agree, Wasburns are very nice guitars, How much you willing to spend on it?
Quote by willieturnip

You could get a USA second hand for that much!

I just looked at a bunch of there guitars and they look well made however are they japanese? and if so would i have to ship it here to the uk or do they have any other international branches?
Quote by penis rash
£550 probably

Washburn X50 pro is £330 some places with duncans and there is one with EMGs for like £350 ish. They're really great value and look sexy as hell.

Means you could always spend the spare cash on other stuff u might want.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by penis rash
I just looked at a bunch of there guitars and they look well made however are they japanese? and if so would i have to ship it here to the uk or do they have any other international branches?

There is a UK based website with a small selection o beautiful japanese fenders.

Google "far east guitars". First link.

I LOVE the woodstock hendrix style strat.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by willieturnip

+1, if it has to be a tele.

Heck, I think dawsons even stock some MIJ fender teles: http://www.dawsons.co.uk/acatalog/fender_american_vintage_62_telecaster_custom_bound_edge_3_colour_sunburst.html (it says american, but it's a japanese one)

Quote by Gregoric
Washburn X50 Pro

+1 if it doesn't have to be fender, and he wants to save some money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?