I have a slight bow in m neck after changing my strings to a new gauge
to be honest i dont know if it was there before

but the quesion is

If it doesnt affect my playing and feel of guitar is it going to cause a problem and need to be fixed such as break the neck?

I dont think its too bad theres no buzz and action is still low

i changed the strings from 9-42 to 10-52 by accident but like the feel of the new strings sodont want to change back

Thanks for any help
Quote by jayscrivener
I have a slight bow in m neck after changing my strings to a new gauge
to be honest i dont know if it was there before

but the quesion is

If it doesnt affect my playing and feel of guitar is it going to cause a problem and need to be fixed such as break the neck?

I dont think its too bad theres no buzz and action is still low

i changed the strings from 9-42 to 10-52 by accident but like the feel of the new strings sodont want to change back

Thanks for any help

you changed the strings on accident??? ok... the guitar just has to get used to the tension...
Quote by randomhero93
you changed the strings on accident??? ok... the guitar just has to get used to the tension...

I meant i put teh wrong strings on by accident
quite common when you change string gauages your gonna have to play with your truss rod, i personally have no idea which way you need to turn it to get the neck to straighten but you can get someone who knows what they are doing to fix it in a matter of seconds.
There's a very slight bow in every neck. It's called relief. When you install higher gauge strings, the relief will increase a little bit (more tension pulling dfown on the neck). Now that you have installed higher-gauge strings, you have to re-adjust your intonation. If it is impossible to get the intonation adjusted properly by just adjusting your bridge saddles, then the added relief is the cause.

I highly doubt that going up one size in strings is going to cause a problem. There's supposed to be a slight bow in the neck; whether your bow is too much can only be determined by how the playability/intonation of the guitar is affected. But I can almost guarantee it's not a problem.

By the way, if your bow is too flat, it will cause fret buzz on many guitars. It is there for a reason, so no worries .
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401