im getting a fender champion 600 for xmas and i heard you can unplug the speaker and plug in a cab?

so i was wondering what wld be the best cab to use, it wld have to be a single speak cab cos otherwise it wld be too loud right?

nothing too expensive, i liked the look of the orange cab but its the wrong impedance (i think)

thanks a lot guys for all your help
The only thing to watch for is the impedence of the speaker jack in the champ. If it says 4,8 or 16 ohms, get a matching cab and everything'll be fine, you could plug a 2*12 and would get a ****load more headroom or just plug in a 1*12 for the fuller sound than combo's 8 inch speaker.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
..because you should always base your gear on how it LOOKS!

no.

why would you want to mod it so soon? and more speakers DOES NOT mean louder.

you wont get a good cab for under a few hundred bucks. I'd say play with the speaker that comes with it, if you don't like it, change the speaker IN the cab, and that's it
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
the speaker jack is 4ohms.

and i dont want to replace the speaker, i want a external speaker to use with it. i want a bigger speaker for a fuller sound.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
..because you should always base your gear on how it LOOKS!

no.

why would you want to mod it so soon? and more speakers DOES NOT mean louder.

you wont get a good cab for under a few hundred bucks. I'd say play with the speaker that comes with it, if you don't like it, change the speaker IN the cab, and that's it

It have a 6 inch speaker, so the need for a bigger speaker could be a valid thing.

Its output is 4ohms. The problem is that i hardly find any 4 ohm speakers here
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
I think there is a marshall 2x12 cab that is 4 ohms
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Get a 2x12 cab with two 8 ohm speakers wired in parallel, there you go, 4 ohm cab.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
The Champion 600 requires a 4-ohm minimum speaker.

I would use the included speaker.
At 5 watts, it is not going to push a big speaker cabinet all that well.
You might feel like you wasted your cash on an external cabinet.
I think it's a fine idea to get a small cab to run the Champ with.
I'd go with a 1x12 or something, though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Kevin Saale
Get a 2x12 cab with two 8 ohm speakers wired in parallel, there you go, 4 ohm cab.

what cab would you recommend?
I wouldn't, I'd recommend adding the money you have for a cab plus the cost of the amp and get a better amp with a real speaker.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I wouldn't, I'd recommend adding the money you have for a cab plus the cost of the amp and get a better amp with a real speaker.

okay then, so i play blues, nearly all clean and if i want some overdrive then i use my tubescreamer, i play in my bedroom, i cant play that loud at all, must be all tube, cant be loud,

what do you recommend then?

EDIT; i forgot to say i dont gig
Quote by Kevin Saale
That actually might not be a bad choice, but the 8 inch speaker is really unfortunate. Maybe look for a real champ and replace the speaker with this:

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/asig6.htm

why can't i just get a 4 ohm cab!?!?!?!

and is there a way to put the champ (4ohm) into a 16ohm cab?
I use my Fender Champ 600 through a Mesa Boogie 10" cab with a Weber Alnico 10A150 speaker and it sounds great. The Weber cab and speaker are 8 Ohms and the Fender plays fine - plenty of volume. I also use Barber OD pedal with amp. Sounds vintage and has plenty of soul for an old bluesman. I never knew the Fender output was 4 ohms but it still plays fine through an 8 ohm speaker.
4 ohms into 8 ohms is a safe mismatch. It's not the best way to run the amp but it won't kill it either. 4ohms into 16 ohms is another story..