okay, this is probably a stupid question.. but someone told me since my amp has a power in jack I could plug a head into it and use it as a cab.. I was wondering if it was true.. I really doubt it but I was just wondering.. thanks.
No, you need to read up on how guitar amps work that would offer all the information you'd need.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
The power in may be for your effect loop.

You may have a Preamp out right next to it.

You come out of the Preamp out, connect your effects loop and return through the Power amp in.

Preamp out -> effects chain -> Power amp in
You cant hook the speaker out on a head to the FX return on a combo it will make big problems. You could make a new cable from the speaker that could be connected to the speaker out on a head. Provided the speaker can handle the output and the ohms match.
by power amp in, it actually technically means pre-amp in, because if you put a powered signal into the power amp in, it would probably blow up the speaker. you could hook up a head directly to the amp's speaker though
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
by power amp in, it actually technically means pre-amp in, because if you put a powered signal into the power amp in, it would probably blow up the speaker. you could hook up a head directly to the amp's speaker though

?

I think you're confused, the preamp in would be the input on the amp, the power amp in would be straight to the power amp, a preamp out and a power amp in are basically fx out and fx in respectively
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson

By power-amp in, it means in to the power-amp.