Ok, I have a Schecter C-1 Blackjack guitar, an ISP Decimator (noise gate), a Bugera 6262 head, and a Vader 4x12 cabinet. I play death metal so I use a decent amount of gain, I like to play loud, and I play in my garage. I keep getting terrible feedback squeals and I can't get rid of it.

I'm not using to much gain, I keep my gain at about 6.

I'm standing as far away from my amp as I can.

I'm facing away from my amp.

My pickups aren't too high.

My cables are fine.

I have the Decimator turned up. It gets rid of the amp hum but not of the feedback squeals.

Wtf lol? How can I get rid of the feedback?!?! I can't even play a riff without loud high pitch feedback in the background... It doesn't do it at real low volume (like 1/10) though. Any tips? Thanks all!
do you have good quality cables or ****ty livewire ones?

try rolling the volume on your guitar back a tad, and compensate for it on your amp.

or a tube might be going bad
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Don't kill it, use it!
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Is it more of a sudden, harsh, squealing sound? Sounds more like a microphonic pickup to me, which is why the noise gate isn't helping.
Try using a different guitar in the same setting and if there's less feedback, that's definitely your problem. The pickups on the C-1 aren't great anyway, so it'd be best just to replace them.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
do you have good quality cables or ****ty livewire ones?

try rolling the volume on your guitar back a tad, and compensate for it on your amp.

or a tube might be going bad

I just got this amp so the tubes are fine and I have George L cables.
I'm 99% sure it's a microphonic pickup.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Turn the guitar volume down when you aren't playing.

Just remember to turn it back up again when you start!
Quote by stradivari310
I'm 99% sure it's a microphonic pickup.

I've heard of this but I don't know what it means. I have a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and '59 in the neck. What does having a microphonic pickup mean and how do I fix it. The guitar is only 1 year old.
when your not playing put the volume knob on you guitar down .... buy a noise gate and dont stand so close to your amp

oh already have a noise gate

on cetain selector positions you get a lot of feedback and on others you don get any
Last edited by sbinlb at Dec 21, 2008,
Quote by sbinlb
when your not playing put the volume knob on you guitar down .... buy a noise gate and dont stand so close to your amp

Did you not read the first post? He has a noise gate and he doesn't stand close to the amp.

TS, it might be your pickups. If you can talk into your pickups, maybe look at getting them potted.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.