im looking for some nice pretty chords to play around with within chord progressions. i like the maj7's but really havnt branched off much from that. no progressions inparticular that im working with at the moment, but they will probably be use with volume swells and whatnot. powerful, full, sound.
Although people will tell you this is completly subjective, i think the Major Chord fits what you're looking for.
i like to play e maj shape barre chords up the neck but without the barre, i personally think they sound pretty. listen to some jeff buckley, he uses some really nice chords.
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
i like sus 2s. Really easy on the E and A strings; play a fifth chord, but instead of playing the octave on the D or G string fret the note two semitones above it.

EDIT:
when you're playing this on the A string an interesting thing to do is bar your little finger across the next string also. Interesting sound, don't know what it's called
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Last edited by dark_gilbert at Mar 1, 2009,
Although it's more of a sad tone, I think a Emin9 is pretty. I play it (fret numbers, from low to high) 0 2 4 0 0 0, but you could play it as a Maj. It sounds pretty too. I also like a uh...You know, I don't even know what it's called. Some sort of augmented chord. It's 0 7 10 9 8 7.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
what about some major 9ths? or you could try some sus/add chords? (ie sus2, sus4, Cmaj w/add2)
aaaaaannnnnnddddd, Pinch Harmonic!
Here are some pretty chords:

I don't know the name but I call this the "Super Octave":
E-0
A-7
D-0
G-7
B-0
E-7

And the Baug5:
E- 0
A- 2
D- 2
G- 0
B- 1
E- 0
i got a nice progression going with a delay/flanger and volume swells. trying to make a "trippy, yet peaceful" intro to a song.

i dont know what its called but:

E:X
A:8
D:10
G:9
B:8
e:12

is one i stumbled across
i really like the Eb major7th
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
maj 6/9
maj9
sus4
minor
"How to Become a Better Musician" - is my online course at www.MyOnlineMusicLessons.com. Phrasing and Rhythmic Development, Improv Techniques, Jazz Theory, Ear Training and more. I'm also available for Skype/Hangout lessons.
I was playing around just 20 minutes ago when I found two great chords that fit well in the key of G. The first one is a Dadd11. From E->e it's 2 0 0 0 3 3. The other one is very odd so I wasn't sure which name in GP to go with. I decided to pick the one represented in it's root form: An Em7add11. From E->e it's 0 2 2 2 3 3. I was fooling around with a progression of G5 -> Dadd11 -> Em7add11.

(Funny, another form of Em7add11 is 0 0 0 0 0 0, the most useful chord on the fretboard.)