Im stuck between two guitars, they both look fairly the same but they do have their differences.

I want either.

A Ibanez RG 370DX (http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG370DX)

or

A Ibanez GRG270B (http://www.fairdealmusic.com/guitars/electric_guitars/5795_grg270b)

I play mostly hardcore/death metal and i was wondering which one i should get.

and one more question..
if i get the RG 370DX does it take a long time to get used to the Jumbo Frets.

(I am at the moment playing an Epiphone SG).

[EDIT]

So i went to my two local music shops (Professional Music Technology and Fairdeal) and neither of the two shops had what i wanted. (well they had the left handed versions...BASTARDS :L ) ah well...so i tried out the Ibanez Rg350EX and was awesome so i got that one :L:L

So really in a way...none of your advice helped :L:L ah well
Last edited by bennej1 at Dec 31, 2008,
RG370DX.

Very good guitar for the money.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
What is your other gear? As in amp/pedal set up?

It may be wiser to hold out longer and purchase a higher end guitar that you can play on for years instead of getting something near the lower end of the scale and then ending up finding yourself lusting after something else.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

they both look the same, besides the pickups. but take advice from someone else than me
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
i hav that exact rg. its good but replace the pickups when u get it. it has a fast neck too
Quote by Pr0gNut
What is your other gear? As in amp/pedal set up?

It may be wiser to hold out longer and purchase a higher end guitar that you can play on for years instead of getting something near the lower end of the scale and then ending up finding yourself lusting after something else.

Atm i dont have any proper pedals all i have is a zoom G2 but i was thinking of getting a boss mega distortion pedal when i get the guitar. and for my amp i have a Marshall 100 DFX.

Thanks for you advice
Quote by resteaten
i hav that exact rg. its good but replace the pickups when u get it. it has a fast neck too

Yeah i was thinking of doing that, but i wont have enough money as soon as i get it, so when i do it will be a lil project
it says it has an edge 3....

thats the only thing wrong with it :P
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
it says it has an edge 3....

thats the only thing wrong with it :P

I dont know much about them tbh..whats wrong with them?
370DX is the best one. But have some money spare for replacing the pickups.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
you wont notice the frets to much but id say the rg because if your playin lots of solos iv heard that jumbo frets make it so you can play more acurately but personally id stick with the sg or you should get a squier jagmaster i got 1 of those and they got 21 large frets on em

Quote by bennej1
I dont know much about them tbh..whats wrong with them?

there ****

metals soft so they dont work very well and dont hold there tuning well either
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
My edge 3 has lasted me a year today with no problems.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
i'm surprised no-ones told you to think about replacing your amp. The one you currently have is considered an oversized, overpriced practice amp, i would suggest putting your money towards a Peavey Vypyr, Line6 Flextone or a tube amp. You will be much happier with the improvement
Your SG is absolutely fine, and whichever Ibanez you end up getting is gonna sound more or less the same.

But hey, your money, your decision...