I've finally gotten the funds to start working on my project. My plan was this: mahogany blan, rout and drill holes to make it a semi-hollow, cut it to accept a floyd-rose and a H-S-H pickup configuration, cut the holes for the switches/knobs, etc. then put a piece of walnut over it. Only problem is finding a large enough piece of walnut that isnt too large. so here is my question: if I use 2 pieces of walnut that meet in the middle of the quitar body, will it matter?
nope. in fact most guitars are not one piece...they have 2 or 3 piece bodies...gibson, fender, schecter.....basically everyone uses multiple piece bodies.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Alot of archtop guitars tend to use one thicker peice of the top-piece-wood, sawn into half the thickness and then layd edge to edge, giving you the joint just down the center of the guitar, sort of like this:
http://toguitars.com/images/Gallery/sugi-1/1-380.jpg
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
buy from LP!!! man, that completely slipped my mind!!!

AHHHHHH!!!!! lack of UG for the past month and a half has killed me!!!!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking