Lately I've been feeling like I should get a new guitar. I got my first one about six months ago, and I'm kind of getting bored of it (maybe outgrowing it). It's a cheap strat knock-off that isn't even made anymore. I'm getting bored of its look and its crappy sound. Should I want another guitar this soon? I feel like if I mention it to anyone they'll be like... "Why do you need another?"
i have a friend who has eight guitars. You need them for diffrent styles and being genrally cool. But remember - allways have a better amp than guitar.
It depends how good you are, what you plan to do, and what you're doing right now.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by YourDad
It depends how good you are, what you plan to do, and what you're doing right now.

+1
If you cant play sh!t and just a new SG like my neighbor u are spolied

But if u have some skill explain to ur parents and try to get them to understand why the one you have sucks

and show them a good guitar

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
My parents got me a second guitar after 8 months of playing for my birthday. I don't see what's wrong with getting a new guitar that soon, as long as you're commited to playing.
You always want another guitar
I sold my soul for Rock 'n' Roll

Quote by CSguitarvocal
you've just proven that you're the most ignorant fuck on this website...

Thank you
Quote by darknessfan
Whenever I sit down to play guitar, I always need to pee in like 3 minutes. Is this weird?

Owned
I'm very committed to playing, but I don't imagine it becoming anything more than a hobby any time soon. I'm no guitar god right now, especially since I'm self taught.

My amp is absolutely nothing special. Says PG-10 on it, and that's about all I know or care to know about it. I plan on getting a new one at christmas though, so that's not a big deal.

I think this urge has a lot to do with the fact that I love collecting things. Also, the fact that I'm going to have a bunch of extra coin helps.
This is called GAS. It stands for Gear Acquiring Syndrome. It will only get worse.

I have 3 guitars, and have been playing for just more than a year. Technically one is dads, and one was £20, but still.

If you're buying it yourself, then why should anyone else's opinion matter?
Quote by Hereiwas
This is called GAS. It stands for Gear Acquiring Syndrome. It will only get worse.

I have 3 guitars, and have been playing for just more than a year. Technically one is dads, and one was £20, but still.

If you're buying it yourself, then why should anyone else's opinion matter?

lol I WANT MOAR....MOAR...GIVE ME MOAR GUITARS NOW!
Quote by iShane
I'm very committed to playing, but I don't imagine it becoming anything more than a hobby any time soon. I'm no guitar god right now, especially since I'm self taught.

My amp is absolutely nothing special. Says PG-10 on it, and that's about all I know or care to know about it. I plan on getting a new one at christmas though, so that's not a big deal.

I think this urge has a lot to do with the fact that I love collecting things. Also, the fact that I'm going to have a bunch of extra coin helps.

Then you need a new amp far more than you need a new guitar - the amp is the biggest culprit in as far as your crappy sound goes.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Then you need a new amp far more than you need a new guitar - the amp is the biggest culprit in as far as your crappy sound goes.

Yeah, that's the issue. I don't need a new guitar (my current one is very functional, just kinda cheap. Though I've never really played any other one, so I don't know the difference), I only want one.