Soooo....

my dream amp is amarshall vintage modern 2266. saw it in GC. was kinda curious, tryed it out, and.....wow.

i just dont have money tho. so, i started lookin around for cheap prices, and i found this. its a british website tho, and i was wondering if i would be stuck with a 240 volts or whatever it is power supply or could i get it to 110 volts?
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Its hard to believe that amp is so much cheaper over there. Its one of my dream amps as well, so I think I'll bookmark that link. According to their website, they do ship to the U.S. and the amp would cost $750 us dollars. Which is half the price it sells for here. Not sure what kind of voltage it requires though.
The amp sells for around £450 on ebay, just keep checking, it will pop up eventually
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
yeah, i was amazed too, im not askin what voltage it requires, but what it will take. cause the UK has 240v? and the US has 110. So idk if buyin it from a british site would work.

if it does, i will be extremely happy. if not, ill just work overtime for a couple of months
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
All the Americans making the most of the £ whilst it at an all time low!
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
^its not really that, man. marshall is made over in england, so its cheaper to buy from a british site. for the record, the dollar is absolute s*** right now too....the damn euro destroyed it.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
come on, guys, someone must know!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Check ebay or craigslist. It might take a bit of patience but you will be rewarded with saving a ton, possibly 2 tons of money.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
so swapping the transformer is the only way out? i wouldnt mind doin that on, say, a peavey or the epiphone im gettin for Christmas, but on a marshall, forget it....
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
You'd probably have to replace the PT if it didn't have multiple taps, not to mention import taxes and big bucks for shipping. You'd still probably save, but you'd have to decide if it's worth your time.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
okay, that converter might work, but im not draggin it everywhere i go, and im not doin any DIY work on a marshall. f*** it, ill buy one i the states...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
couldn't you just use a step-down transformer (or is it step-up?)?

bear in mind that shipping might be a killer. and if anything goes wrong, you're screwed. also, you really have to crank those VM to get them to sound even decent.

personally i'd just look into a splawn, roccaforte or other US-based boutique amp builder making amps in the marshall vein. Modern marshalls (any I've tried anyway) aren't all that great. You get great value on almost every famous amp in the world apart from marshall, vox, laney and orange, so why go for one? unless you have your heart set on one, of course...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
+1

Can't go wrong with Splawn.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i've never actually tried splawn (or roccaforte). but certainly with the amount of money needed to buy a marshall vm in the states, you can do a hell of a lot better. soldano avenger, for example.

Depends on the tone you want etc., but there are plenty of guys making more vintage-sounding amps in the USA, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Or if you want the amp the Vintage Modern wants to be: A JCM800. Problem solved.

Or get an 18watter... Listen to the one in my sig...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009