I have two guitars, a squier stratocaster and a mexican standard strat. The neck on my squier sucks, so i figured that I could improve its playability by switching the neck with the one from the mexican strat. the mexican strats neck had a very nice adn smooth feel. The neck change wasnt too stellar, so I just put eveyrthing back. Now, on my mexican strat, the action is f***ng horrible! The buzz is unbearable. one factor that might add to it was that i put on a new set of strings. Old ones were 42's, new ones are 46's, not too much of a diff tho... I don't know how i can adjsut the action, because i dont wanna touch the saddles. the action was fine before i changed the neck, and i didnt touch the saddles. When i put the mexican neck back on the mexican it started to freaking buzz liek a b***h! Any help please? liek adjusting the truss rod or somethign would help maybe?
tightening the truss rod may help, turn it about 1/4 of a turn.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I can do that, but clockwise or counterclockwise? and i realyl dont want my neck to snap and strigns to fly in ymeyea and scary horror movie **** liek that
if your that afraid of it just take it to a shop.

unless you want to man up and make that guitar your bitch and do it yourself..

just messing, if you want to be sure your not going to screw anything up take it to a shop or a luthier
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

CLOCKWISE OR COUNTER!!!! ill do it myself i jsut dont know that .
clock wise.

righty tighty
lefty loosy.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

yo thanks guys its actually much better now! i loosened all the strings before i did it, as that correct? or are you supposed to keep tension while adjusting the truss rod? thanks anyway. and are all truss rods 3/16?
acutally its not that beter and i think that i turned it at leats halfway