hey everybody, I got my new agile ps-900 not too long ago, I believe it came setup with 9's and I want to put elevens on it, what should I do, and I don't have the money to get it setup at a shop, way to much in my area, I know how to intonate but I'm not sure about the trus rod, I mean is it hard to setup the truss rod?
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD
its not hard... But its ****ing scary cause if you mess up your guitar can be seriously ****ed... just shove an allen wrench in there and turn it no more than a quarter turn
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
It's best to find someone that knows how to do this and show it to you the first time. It is really dangerous. You might damage the neck irreversibly.
Quote by CrzyGuitarist93
it'll be fine.
i went from .08s to .12's and I didn't have to get a set up or anything!

Dont listen hes a "CrzyGuitarist". Just get an allen wrench...and a professionial who knows what hes doing.
Quote by jsnate
Dont listen hes a "CrzyGuitarist". Just get an allen wrench...and a professionial who knows what hes doing.

don't listen he's a "jsnate"

It will be fine, I'm speaking from years of experience.
I went from .9s to .10.s to .12s then down to .11s on most of my guitars without changing anything from when they had .9s

Intonations a little off, but other than that theyre fine.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Quote by CrzyGuitarist93
don't listen he's a "jsnate"

It will be fine, I'm speaking from years of experience.

don't listen to him he's a butthurt douchebag.

get someone who knows what they're doing to help you.
I've done this on a couple of guitars with no help other than online tutorials. The fretnot link posted above is a fine tut to follow.

You will need to adjust the truss rod. And you will probably have problems at the nut with the strings binding. If you bend notes, or use the trem, and it keeps going out of tune, that's more than likely the problem.

Basically, you can do it yourself if you are careful and patient.
DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE HERE THEIR ALL STUPID

But seriously, as long as you're careful and have some common sense, you should be fine adjusting your truss rod yourself. But I don't even know if you'll need to. I've never changed string guage.
okay i put the new strings on and well, the only thing i had to adjust was the action, other than that a little intonation, and its like new... Its weird though, guess i got lucky, I used the tutorial before and after and the distance between the strings and frets barely changed
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD
I went from 9's to 11's on my RG, without changing anything. The intonation remained perfect, and the neck tension was good, so I didn't mess with anything. For your guitar, it may be different. If so, listen to Matt420740.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS