Yes, of course!
261 62%
Nah, i'm happy just playing for me
100 24%
I dont really care
59 14%
Voters: 421.
Page 1 of 3
want to be professional musicians? As in playing in a band and having to face the problems that any band faces.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Its all i want to do with my life
i find all other aspects boring and pointless
i would do anything to be a professional musician
Bands to see before I die:
Again:
Machine Head
Lamb Of God
JFAC
BTBAM
TesseracT
Pendulum

For the First time:
Periphery
Texures
Monuments
Mumford & Sons
The Prodigy
Paolo Nutini

CASTODIUM!!!
myspace.com/castodium
i think most people want to be paid to do stuff they love doing, but of course some will have different opinions
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Ayye, I am in the process of that.

I already pretty much vowed to myself I'd dedicate my life to making music.
me just because theres nothing else that i can do
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
I want to be a music teacher, and I want my solo career to get a lot further.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by imdeth
No, it's just a hobby for me.

I want to do something involving video games or video games and music.

JusT wan'ah Pley vidEo Geymz!

Moi.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
The second I picked up a guitar, I knew that that's what I wanted to do for the rest of my life
I would like to be, but alas, I'm a lazy stoner.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
I'm going to be a music teacher, and I'd like to have a band also, could care less about the fame part.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
As much as I would love too, I am taking the safer option of a degree in maths. But well in to those that make it.
eh...maybe
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
well i would like it. and who knows **** happens and it may happen too. but in reality, get a trade, make a few bucks, buy a few instruments, and play them too

however, amp and guitar building is very, very cool
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Nope, too disgusted by the mainstream and underground scene...

Also i love music and to force it into a job space is not too good an idea for me.
Quote by MedicreDemon
I'm going to be a music teacher, and I'd like to have a band also, could care less about the fame part.

when will people learn that "I COULD care less means nothing- of course you could care less, in fact the fact that you could care less implies you do care about it to some degree- it "I COULDN'T care less"
sorry, rant over now
currently studying to do just that
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

I play guitar and drums (just picked up drums though), but I see it more as a hobby. It really could be something I'd see myself doing, but I have other plans at the moment .
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Yeah guys ive been in a gigging band for about a year and im starting to think that its not for me.

=\
Quote by csn00b
Quote by Flipaningage
when will people learn that "I COULD care less means nothing- of course you could care less, in fact the fact that you could care less implies you do care about it to some degree- it "I COULDN'T care less"
sorry, rant over now

dude shut up, it's not that big of a deal.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Yea I am, right now I'm a freshman majoring in music performance at the University of Massachusetts. Currently I'm just trying to write an arsenal of songs and really smooth out my songwriting.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
If I could make different choices earlier in my life (didn't play guitar back then), I would go for musician. It's kinda late now since I study Engineering already and that takes lots of time and effort -.-
I must stop wasting time in The Pit and practice!
Half of me would like to be a professional musician but think about it, unsociable hours, making something you love into a chore...no thanks. More than happy to keep it as a hobby.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by alliwant
Half of me would like to be a professional musician but think about it, unsociable hours, making something you love into a chore...no thanks. More than happy to keep it as a hobby.

That's exactly what is happening to me.
Quote by csn00b
Quote by jpgilbert701
Yeah guys ive been in a gigging band for about a year and im starting to think that its not for me.

=\

Nah, it just means that that particular band isn't for you.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I would really love to. but just seeing the amount of people who don't make it and give guitar lessons just to make ends meat just makes me want to keep it a hobby.
Quote by jpgilbert701
That's exactly what is happening to me.

That sucks. I've stopped playing as much as I used to because it started to feel like a chore. Aint cool
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
I would love to play professionally because there's never an opportunity I'd want more than to show off creativity. However, I also want to be able to take the MCAT and get my licencse to practice gynaecolgy. Its hard choosing between two things you love dearly, and no I don't know which one I love more.
[font="Arial Blackeat my asshole... far more tasteful than kissing someone's ass[/FONT"]
This is something I've been sorta struggling with for awhile now. After the (not very serious) band I was in all through high school went under I had myself convinced that I didn't want to "make it big" or anything, that I could settle with it just being a hobby. I guess if I wanted to be cheesy I'd say "the dream died" for a year or so. Now that I've started college though I'm realizing again that my music is really the only thing that has any meaning to me. I mean I'm interested in other things/careers, but not enough for it to be worth the work, if that makes sense. I don't know if I'll ever "make it", but I want to do everything I possibly can as well as I can possibly do it to try. I just want to have a chance.
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

Me. I actually really want to be a studio musician, but I'm nowhere near good enough. Also, my practice habits are shit.
My dream is for my band to "make it big", but if that doesn't work out I'm cool with it. I've got backup careers in mind.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Page 1 of 3