You need to be a bit more specific mate.

I can tell you that framus are fantastic instruments though.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
well, framus and godin guitars have a big discount at the moment in local music shop. I was hoping you'll say which brand (and which model) is best for shred
If your in england tell me where?!

And are they an official retailer?

Need to use my artist discount at some point and If I could get discount on top of the already discount price it would be beautiful.
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by guitarprophet
well, framus and godin guitars have a big discount at the moment in local music shop. I was hoping you'll say which brand (and which model) is best for shred

You need to tell us what models though, because not all guitars of one brand have one specific neck...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
If they're all there in the shop, go play them. We really can't help you that much if they're all there for you to try. Go play them and see which one you like most. That'll be the one you shred best on.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Godins usually have thinner necks, which is more typical for shred guitars, but some people (like me) prefer thicker necks like on Framus guitars. Framuses also have a ridiculously low action usually, which is nice for fast playing.

If it is a local shop, why not go there and try out some guitars? If they have a Framus Diablo Pro, Diablo Custom, Morrigan or Streetwalker, check them out. The Diablos are good all round guitars, while the Morrigan and Streetwalker where specifically designed for metal and shred (but they are fugly imo).
I don't know much about specific Godin models, but the few I tried were built to a high standard and had the aforementioned thin necks, which is what many shredders look for in a guitar.
Quote by TheQuailman
Godins usually have thinner necks, which is more typical for shred guitars, but some people (like me) prefer thicker necks like on Framus guitars. Framuses also have a ridiculously low action usually, which is nice for fast playing.

If it is a local shop, why not go there and try out some guitars? If they have a Framus Diablo Pro, Diablo Custom, Morrigan or Streetwalker, check them out. The Diablos are good all round guitars, while the Morrigan and Streetwalker where specifically designed for metal and shred (but they are fugly imo).
I don't know much about specific Godin models, but the few I tried were built to a high standard and had the aforementioned thin necks, which is what many shredders look for in a guitar.

TheFailman has hit the nail on the head .
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
they have only cheap Godin models and few Ibanez guitars (I don't like Ibanez and other Korea/China guitars), if you want something more expensive you must order. btw, it doesn't matter if neck is a bit chunkier but it must have low action - that is very important to me. Framus guitars seems better but they have 12" fingerboard radius (all my other guitars have 16") and I'm not sure if I'll be able to set a really low action without buzz...
Quote by willieturnip
TheFailman has hit the nail on the head .

Surprisingly, you're the first to call me that.

Quote by guitarprophet
they have only cheap Godin models and few Ibanez guitars (I don't like Ibanez and other Korea/China guitars), if you want something more expensive you must order. btw, it doesn't matter if neck is a bit chunkier but it must have low action - that is very important to me. Framus guitars seems better but they have 12" fingerboard radius (all my other guitars have 16") and I'm not sure if I'll be able to set a really low action without buzz...

The ones I tried (and I tried pretty many) had very low action and no buzz at all.
Well I've got a Godin and I love it. I can't say how it would stack up to a Framus though as I've never played one. For playing shred the Redline and Freeway might be suit you for Godin models.
Quote by TheQuailman

Surprisingly, you're the first to call me that.

Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)