http://www.rondomusic.com/wpb980nt.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1899.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/bg204.html

and the link to all of them

http://www.rondomusic.com/bassguitars4.html

i'm not a bass player, so i really know nothing, lol.

so any of them look decent?
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
2008 Ibanez AEG20E A/E Cutaway
2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Amps:
Epiphone Valve Jr. Halfstack BitMo Trio Modded
60W All Tube Egnater Renegade Head and Cab.
Well the first one you linked to has a bowed neck, and any fret above the 12th string won't "work"

.. I've never played a Rondo personally, but most people Rave about their Electric Guitars, Their Les Paul copies specifically.
Quote by garrett5
Well the first one you linked to has a bowed neck, and any fret above the 12th string won't "work"

.. I've never played a Rondo personally, but most people Rave about their Electric Guitars, Their Les Paul copies specifically.

Yea, their pretty decent, but i was lookin for a bass on there, just messn round lol
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
Amps:
Search bar, search bar, search bar.

Also, just so I can get my two cents in, I think their products are shit.
I don't know, maybe just buy one, and if you don't like it, give it to someone as a spendy gift, or mount it on your wall
Well if you're buying one and not upgrading it then don't bother. If you're buying one to upgrade with nice pickups, pots, etc. then STILL don't bother. If you want a bass to upgrade alot then look at squiers and MIM Fenders. You can see my recently modified squier in the show off your bass thread. I love my Squier
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Quote by garrett5

rondo isn't a brand, more like a distributer. And the copies everyone loves are the agiles.

everyone says to stay away from the SX, and since that's all the basses they have on there. I would look somewhere else.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
rondo isn't a brand, more like a distributer. And the copies everyone loves are the agiles.

everyone says to stay away from the SX, and since that's all the basses they have on there. I would look somewhere else.

The SX's to stay away from are the guitars, not the basses, or so i've heard.

I've heard the SX basses are decent.
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
Amps:
I haven't heard anything about the basses honestly, but considering nobody has any experience on one, it'd be a bad idea.
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
I wouldn't go straight into buying one. Especially since everyone has "heard" they're good or bad, and apparently nobody has actually played one
Quote by Lomu
If you want a good AV get something like Norton 360

Do you agree with that guy? That's why we have the Computer Thread. Use it.
it depends on what forum you're on. On The Gear Page, they hate them. On Harmony Central, they love them. On the Seymour Duncan forum, they don't know. On here, everybody bandwagons and the answers fly all over the place. Check them out on Youtube, there are a lot of cool videos. I think that some of them are definately worth it just for the body alone. I mean... jeez, $150 for a solid ash body with a solid maple neck and fretboard?!
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I own one of their SX jazz copies, and it's okay. I bought it as a piss around bass when I was planning on moving to a dorm for college, but yeah, I like mine better than any Squire I've played, it's not near as good as a MIM Fender or anything. So if you want a bass just to mess around on, it'd work, but so would Squire, Yamaha, anything really. Just go to a local guitar store and mess around on their basses and if you come across a cheap one that you think feels right, then go for it. That's what I'd advise.
I've owned a few as failed project attempts. Please, stay away from anything with the SX name on it. You can find much better entry level gear for just a tiny bit more. They are the worst pieces of c r a p I've ever laid my hands on, bass and guitars. They are not even suitable for modding projects.

All SX instruments have these lovely features......

Garbage hardware.

Inproperly cut bodies.

Poor wood material.

Pickups/pots = dog s h i t.

Weird orange looking necks.

The disturbing feeling your playing a giant piece of driftwood.
http://www.rondomusic.com/product828.html

/thread.

Don't believe bad things about the SX basses, i have played fairly a few and the only flaws i could find were the hits they got over the time lol. I even used to own one, it fell and broke (Not in a lightly way, in a REALLY hard way >.<.

You could just throw in some new hardware or w/e and make it even bettah~
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Line6
http://www.rondomusic.com/product828.html

/thread.

Don't believe bad things about the SX basses, i have played fairly a few and the only flaws i could find were the hits they got over the time lol. I even used to own one, it fell and broke (Not in a lightly way, in a REALLY hard way >.<.

You could just throw in some new hardware or w/e and make it even bettah~

what did you do, throw it off a building?
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Pizza The Hut

Garbage hardware.

Inproperly cut bodies.

Poor wood material.

Yeah they do.

But no wait...Yeah, they still do.
My friend has a SX bass. The wood is... ORANGE. The paint rubs off, the bridge is sheet metal with a bend, and the nut was tightly compacted paper, even though this all sounds bad, it's really a fun bass to play on.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
ugh...here we go again. There's a reason they have such a large following on Talkbass, where half of the buyers also have $2000+ instruments. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them.

Now to get started:
Fiest, Pizza, I don't know where you get your info or how many of these you've played, but you're way off the mark buddy. The hardware quality is MIM at least (I'm looking at one of each right now), the bodies and decks are cut just fine, the pickups are indistinguishable from a Fender's in tone, and the orange necks are out of production....what's left on the site is old stock. Not only that, but the wood they use is better than what you'd find on most any Squier, VM included. (they ALL have 3-piece ash or alder bodies)

Second, way to bust out the blanket statements guys. You should understand a company a bit more before making a general assumption about their products. Rondo, who has several manufacturers build instruments to their specs, makes all of their design decisions based on customer feedback. They started with the orange necks and fish-hook headstocks...those are long-gone now, replaced by the current yellow necks and Lakland-style headstocks. Those, in turn, are out of production and are being replaced be non-tinted or very lightly-tinted necks (most SX's have that now) and a new headstock design already seen on some Agile guitars. The same holds true for any flaws in their design. When people complain about something, they fix it. Simple-as. Small businesses like this can do that, especially since they buy the instruments in batches, which is why the available models are always changing and evolving.

Third, those first two basses are not SX. They are Douglas, and I've never sen a bad review of a Douglas. Not one. I'm not saying they're not out there, but I've read quite a few and most every one has been glowing. They will be fine.

Fourth, they have an excellent customer service guy. Yes, this is a small enough business that they have one guy doing CS. Kurt has an excellent reputation for going above-and-beyond what's required of the company to make sure their customers are satisfied.
Nope, no sig here.
Hey, related question: Does anyone have experience with Brice basses, specifically this one?

I might buy one used, like new, and I was wondering if anyone had played it or similar.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Quote by Pizza The Hut
I've owned a few as failed project attempts. Please, stay away from anything with the SX name on it. You can find much better entry level gear for just a tiny bit more. They are the worst pieces of c r a p I've ever laid my hands on, bass and guitars. They are not even suitable for modding projects.

All SX instruments have these lovely features......

Garbage hardware.

Inproperly cut bodies.

Poor wood material.

+1 They feel like you're playing piss.
Quote by Mutant Corn
ugh...here we go again. There's a reason they have such a large following on Talkbass, where half of the buyers also have $2000+ instruments. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them.

Now to get started:
Fiest, Pizza, I don't know where you get your info or how many of these you've played, but you're way off the mark buddy. The hardware quality is MIM at least (I'm looking at one of each right now), the bodies and decks are cut just fine, the pickups are indistinguishable from a Fender's in tone, and the orange necks are out of production....what's left on the site is old stock. Not only that, but the wood they use is better than what you'd find on most any Squier, VM included. (they ALL have 3-piece ash or alder bodies)

Second, way to bust out the blanket statements guys. You should understand a company a bit more before making a general assumption about their products. Rondo, who has several manufacturers build instruments to their specs, makes all of their design decisions based on customer feedback. They started with the orange necks and fish-hook headstocks...those are long-gone now, replaced by the current yellow necks and Lakland-style headstocks. Those, in turn, are out of production and are being replaced be non-tinted or very lightly-tinted necks (most SX's have that now) and a new headstock design already seen on some Agile guitars. The same holds true for any flaws in their design. When people complain about something, they fix it. Simple-as. Small businesses like this can do that, especially since they buy the instruments in batches, which is why the available models are always changing and evolving.

Third, those first two basses are not SX. They are Douglas, and I've never sen a bad review of a Douglas. Not one. I'm not saying they're not out there, but I've read quite a few and most every one has been glowing. They will be fine.

Fourth, they have an excellent customer service guy. Yes, this is a small enough business that they have one guy doing CS. Kurt has an excellent reputation for going above-and-beyond what's required of the company to make sure their customers are satisfied.

Thank you on the help here man, people should realize that until they play the real thing they should shut it... Someone even wanted to buy mine for about 3x the price i bought it xD Of course i said no, it's my bass hehe.

And no, i didn't threw it off a building, it broke by the nut when it fell from a wall stand (Those things are spawn of the devil, never thinking of getting one EVER again =.=).
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
it broke from falling from a wall stand?

I'm sticking with fender, mines fallen off the wall stand twice and it's fine.
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
It does...I'm a fan of the LTD Jazz though. The blue Z6 is near the top of my list too.
Nope, no sig here.
okay, i have a question, they call them thumb rests, how the **** do you put your thumb there and play it?
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
Amps:
Depends. On early Fenders, they were on the high side of the bass, by the G string. Back then most players played only with their thumb, and this gave them something to anchor their other fingers on.

After that, when players started using their fingers instead, Fender moved it to the other side of the strings to players could rest their thumb there, the same way most players anchor their thumbs on the pickups. Nowadays most basses don't have them at all.

The reason some SX basses have them is because they are designed to mimic the looks of vintage Fenders, and until the 80's or so most Fender basses used them. They're mostly aesthetic now, and to my knowledge most players just take them off, though I've met one or two that still use them.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 22, 2008,
thank you lol, i was so friggen confused
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
Amps:
Quote by Mutant Corn
No problem

Any of you know of a decent 15-30 watt amp thats under about 150?

I just want to experiment a little, lol.
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
Amps:
The Acoustic B10 or B20 is about the best you can get, mainly because of the size. They're as loud as most amps with twice their wattage. Here's a pic...the black amp on the upper left is a Peavey MAX, and the ones down below are a B10 and B20.

edit: I'd also like to point out that the B20 is the same price as the Peavey.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 22, 2008,
Quote by Mutant Corn
The Acoustic B10 or B20 is about the best you can get, mainly because of the size. They're as loud as most amps with twice their wattage. Here's a pic...the black amp on the upper left is a Peavey MAX, and the ones down below are a B10 and B20.

edit: I'd also like to point out that the B20 is the same price as the Peavey.

nevermind, its a brand lol
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
Amps:
Last edited by evortre at Dec 22, 2008,
so, any other bass suggestions?
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
Amps:
squier P bass of some sort, since you want punk.
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
squier P bass of some sort, since you want punk.

How much do those run for? I haven't really looked into Squier
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
Amps:
Ive heard some very good things about them. Everybody Ive talked to tht ows one stands by them as great instruments.
Only suggestion I have is by one of the more expensive J Basses